New Bowie Record

The new song sounds pretty cool. With all of the brilliant work he has done, I don't even know what I want from Bowie at this point. I can't expect another Hunky Dory or Ziggy because you can't get much better than that. I will buy his new album, but as far as I'm concerned the man has a lot of leeway and can rest comfortably on his laurels.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Went to Newbury Comics today and it turns out they were raffling off a test pressing of this and an uncut press sheet of sleeves for the RSD 7" single. Didn't win the test press but I did win the press sheet, which is pretty cool.

They also said they'll be getting the regular 2LP next Tuesday, so there will be a (hopefully cheaper) US release for this.

This release honestly did not connect with me at all

Obviously given his age this next statement is very apparent but, he just sounds really old.

Just difficult to take in when you look at artists like Morrissey who's voice has only gotten better with age

Oh well, the track 'If You Can See Me' stuck with me though

• 2 months later...

How does someone "design" translucent red vinyl for this release? Hasn't that been around since Jesus? What is the reason for a $20 premium? vinyls?

• 2 years later...