Tarot Cards Pressed into Clear Vinyl - 1/100 PO

http://soulsteprecords.com/matt-duncan-pre-order/ 

Soul Step Records out of Cincinnati is releasing Matt Duncan's new album on what they are calling "Fortune Teller Vinyl". 

From soulsteprecords.com : "What is FORTUNE TELLER vinyl you ask? Well, take a long look at the incredible artwork done by Robert Beatty and you will feel the inspiration that we felt here at Soul Step. With all the artwork centering around  tarot cards - we knew we wanted to come up with something truly unique for our fans. 

We've worked diligently with United Record Pressing to find a new way to press vinyl for Matt Duncan's "Soft Times." The FORTUNE TELLER vinyl will be pressed in CLEAR vinyl - and it will have a honest-to-god TAROT CARD pressed inside the vinyl. You'll be looking into the see thru record to the fortune that is set for you inside!

Each vinyl will be handmade and feature a different tarot card predicting your (and your turntable's) fortune. We have worked on so many different prototypes to make this unique and one of a kind vinyl happen - and it's ONLY happening on Soul Step Records. 

Once these 100 FORTUNE TELLER vinyl are gone - they are GONE. We will not re-press this special vinyl - however you can still nab the black vinyl from us later on. You have to act and act fast in order to secure this in your prized record collection. "

I pre-ordered one since I've never seen anything like it. It'll be cool for the collection. Plus, I listened to some Matt Duncan tracks and they're solid.

http://modern-vinyl.com/2013/01/08/matt-duncans-soft-times-up-for-pre-order/ <--Says there will be 200 pressed, but SSR says only 100.

"We've worked diligently with United Record Pressing to find a new way to press vinyl for Matt Duncan's "Soft Times." The FORTUNE TELLER vinyl will be pressed in CLEAR vinyl - and it will have a honest-to-god TAROT CARD pressed inside the vinyl. You'll be looking into the see thru record to the fortune that is set for you inside!"

This doesnt suggest picture disc... 

"We've worked diligently with United Record Pressing to find a new way to press vinyl for Matt Duncan's "Soft Times." The FORTUNE TELLER vinyl will be pressed in CLEAR vinyl - and it will have a honest-to-god TAROT CARD pressed inside the vinyl. You'll be looking into the see thru record to the fortune that is set for you inside!"

This doesnt suggest picture disc... 

whenever URP finds new ways to press things INSIDE vinyl, whether it's fabric rose pedals, blue liquid, tarot cards, or blood, it's always the same technique as a picture disc. two pieces of clear vinyl glued together.

whenever URP finds new ways to press things INSIDE vinyl, whether it's fabric rose pedals, blue liquid, tarot cards, or blood, it's always the same technique as a picture disc. two pieces of clear vinyl glued together.

Tarot cards  wouldnt be considered a "new way" if they already did fabric rose pedals. 

Tarot cards  wouldnt be considered a "new way" if they already did fabric rose pedals. 

do you think it's more likely that A. URP would put more research and development into a small boutique label than jack white (their biggest client) or B. they're being real liberal with the terms "worked with", "diligently", "new way to press vinyl"?

do you think it's more likely that A. URP would put more research and development into a small boutique label than jack white (their biggest client) or B. they're being real liberal with the terms "worked with", "diligently", "new way to press vinyl"?

Whether the answer is A or B, that's not what matters to me. It just feels good to watch small boutique labels grow & support them and the independent artists they're promoting. What feels even better than that, is watching small boutique labels support each other. 

i'm with you there. i bought the first release. i know the scattered trees/on an on guys. i think i just got annoyed by the fact that this thread is selling a tarot card record pitched for it's uniqueness (when i doubt it really is) and not for the music within.

I bought it for the Tarot Card only. Cant wait to see what my fortune holds! Im gonna take a hammer to the record so I can pull out the card. If you think about it, its like a $24 pinata. 

this really sounds awesome and i'm debating buying this.

I bought it for the Tarot Card only. Cant wait to see what my fortune holds! Im gonna take a hammer to the record so I can pull out the card. If you think about it, its like a $24 pinata. 

let me know how this works out by the way! haha

Purchased. 

Heard the first 30 seconds of one of his songs here: http://modern-vinyl.com/2013/01/08/matt-duncans-soft-times-up-for-pre-order/

And figured it would sound great spinning on my TT. 

Press only 100 for $24 shipped and I'm sold. Love unique stuff like this. And I like supporting smaller artists.