The Official Horror Thread

Rip

Finally checked out Starry Eyes. I enjoyed it, especially the score. The movie reminded me a lot of a similar film called Contracted.

Starry Eyes was awesome. Contracted is next on my Netflix list.

Also, to anyone who saw Babadook: I really enjoyed, but can someone explain the ending in

the basement where she fed him/it worms? Was it the ghost of her husband or something & she wants to keep it close by & happy. I'm lost on that.

Starry Eyes was awesome. Contracted is next on my Netflix list.

Also, to anyone who saw Babadook: I really enjoyed, but can someone explain the ending in

the basement where she fed him/it worms? Was it the ghost of her husband or something & she wants to keep it close by & happy. I'm lost on that.

I took it as

it was her/in her head the whole time but she has found a way to control her actions and keep her son believing it was something else. It was like she's "playing along" with her sons invisible monster, but she had tamed it as to not make it as scary anymore. By doing this, she has also "tamed" the beast in her head as well.

I don't know how much sense that makes, haha. It's easier for me to think about it than to actually explain it.

I took it as

it was her/in her head the whole time but she has found a way to control her actions and keep her son believing it was something else. It was like she's "playing along" with her sons invisible monster, but she had tamed it as to not make it as scary anymore. By doing this, she has also "tamed" the beast in her head as well.

I don't know how much sense that makes, haha. It's easier for me to think about it than to actually explain it.

Ah, thats a great interpretation! I think I'll go with that as well ;)  Gotta watch it again to see if I missed anything. & its solid enough to warrant another viewing anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't care for any of those posters.  Thought last year's Frightmare offerings were significantly better.  That ANOES poster just looks silly to me; I'm surprised people are digging it so much.

The head/face ruin it. Looks like he put on his big brother's sweater. The rest of it's pretty cool...

The Phantasm's pretty nice.

Just watched Justin Benson's (Resolution, VHS Viral) newest flick, "Spring," and it was one of the most original movies I have ever seen.  I can barely post about it within the horror thread, but felt that it was just enough gore and scare factor for it to make the cut; similar to how "Let Me In" was a horror flick.  I don't want to give too much away, but know that it is a love story overall.  Shit it was great. 

Just watched Justin Benson's (Resolution, VHS Viral) newest flick, "Spring," and it was one of the most original movies I have ever seen. I can barely post about it within the horror thread, but felt that it was just enough gore and scare factor for it to make the cut; similar to how "Let Me In" was a horror flick. I don't want to give too much away, but know that it is a love story overall. Shit it was great.

Been wanting to see this for what feels like forever. Glad to hear it was as good as it looked from the trailer.

Watched [REC] 4 and The Town That Dreaded Sundown remake/sequel last night.

[REC] 4 was alright. I was hoping they went back to the "found footage" stuff, but besides that I enjoyed it. The first 2 are and always will be amazing though.

TTTDS ended up being pretty good actually. At first I was like "ehhh, this is not going to be very good," but after the first 20 minutes or so it really started to pick up. Only major complaint were te cuts. One of the weirdest cut films I've ever seen.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Rip changed the title to The Official Horror Thread