The Official Horror Thread

Rip

Clearly if you guys aren't following, I'm both fascinated and sometimes terrified by sharks.

"The Reef" should still be on Netflix and I thought it was really well done. There have been a lot of really shitty sci-Fi channel type movies around sharks that are god awful. This was not one of them. Nothing about a megalodon or remote controlled sharks -- just a capsized boat in open water and a great white that's picking people off 1-by-1.

Watched Cabin Fever 3 finally and I was very disappointed. Other than really good gore and practical special effects, I didn't think it had much else going for it.

I also watched Willow Creek though. Now THAT was awesome. For those not aware, it's Bobcat Goldthwait's (World's Greatest Dad, God Bless America) new/first horror movie. Found footage film about Bigfoot. May not sound very interesting, but it's great. The last half of the film is almost killed me with it's tension.

Also, thanks for starting this thread long ago KD.... I've been wanting to start one based on horror & about when I was gonna I saw this bumped. Very cool.

Not a problem! I'm glad I did too :). Also really glad you're contributing so much! I love talking horror with people.

And yeah. Videodrome is amazinggg.

Hey all,

Here's who I have as in so far:

Will From West Philly Rain of Frogs KeepDoubting JonRawks RonnieGWilliams hallowken78

thispartysucks128

So Including me that's 8 so far. We will keep sign ups open till the end of the week and then I we can go from there. Once I get everything settled Ill give you guys a spreadsheet of everything. Should be a blast. 

I also watched Willow Creek though. Now THAT was awesome. For those not aware, it's Bobcat Goldthwait's (World's Greatest Dad, God Bless America) new/first horror movie. Found footage film about Bigfoot. May not sound very interesting, but it's great. The last half of the film is almost killed me with it's tension.

I was suppose to watch that this week! Completely forgot about it. Hopefully the gf isn't too tired after the strain tonight and she'll wanna watch this too.

Waiting for VHS 3 and the Green inferno is killing me

Watching Grave Encounters so far liking it a lot more than session 9 which I hated.

Glad you like it!  Sad to hear about you hating Session 9 though :(.  I loved that movie.

Waiting for VHS 3 and the Green inferno is killing me

Same here!  I loved the first 2 V/H/S movies and this one looks just as crazy as those.  I'm really sad about Green Inferno getting delayed indefinitely though... Hopefully it comes out sooner than expected.  I also echo what Jon said about being excited for The ABC's Of Death 2.  The first one was so good and I can't wait to see what the different directors do this time around.

Glad you like it!  Sad to hear about you hating Session 9 though :(.  I loved that movie.

Same here!  I loved the first 2 V/H/S movies and this one looks just as crazy as those.  I'm really sad about Green Inferno getting delayed indefinitely though... Hopefully it comes out sooner than expected.  I also echo what Jon said about being excited for The ABC's Of Death 2.  The first one was so good and I can't wait to see what the different directors do this time around.

Session 9 has some good moments, sometimes I'm too hard on story, because story is usually the number 1 thing for me in a movie. (With horror i've learned to just enjoy the kills or ridiculousness). The end kind of burned me and I just thought it would be better. Some very creepy moments though. 

Loved both V/H/S movies and own them on VHS. 

Anyone else excited/seeing Tusk this weekend? 

Session 9 has some good moments, sometimes I'm too hard on story, because story is usually the number 1 thing for me in a movie. (With horror i've learned to just enjoy the kills or ridiculousness). The end kind of burned me and I just thought it would be better. Some very creepy moments though. 

Loved both V/H/S movies and own them on VHS. 

Anyone else excited/seeing Tusk this weekend? 

I'm going to see Tusk friday afternoon at Universal City Walk and then going to Horror Nights that evening. Cannot wait!

• Rip changed the title to The Official Horror Thread