My USPS saga comes to an end

I don't know about this, it seems pretty sketch and I typically try to look for the good in everyone.  I get that the duder doesn't want to be seen paying for your record, but that doesn't mean he can't conceal the cash in an envelope.  It is the goddamn post office so I don't think anyone is going to be curious when an employee of the post office gives somebody a piece of post.  Seriously, sounds like you've got a lot of people lining up to wear your skin as a house coat. 

Sorry if it's been brought up already, but why not go directly through the label/seller for a replacement/refund?  Anytime I've run into this in the past I always blame the seller for improper packaging and get compensated.  Taking some random USPS guys' money seems a little awkward and illogical to me, but maybe I missed a part of the story or something.  Good thread either way.

Madie,

I know we don't know each other that well, but if you want to will your records to me prior to meeting your untimely death I'd be grateful. Don't let your future as a lampshade prevent your records from being put to good use.

This cracked me up. No my coworker thinks I'm (even more) insane.

I would be liking the hell of out of more posts in here but I’ve reached my limit. Especially references to silence of the lambs and me being turned into a lampshade or skin cape.

Anywa I didn’t go, I had another voicemail from him, apparently he is really busy and wants to reschdule for when he gets out later.

ALRIGHT, alright  I’ll admit it, most of you were right. more than right.
cutting my losses and going to a new po from now on. I have no clue why this happened. I’m 99% sure he’s never seen me before and I’m pretty sure I just have a normal girl voice. I called the main branch customer service to talk to someone about it but was just on hold for most of my lunch break.

this is what basement said when I contacted them:
“I’m so sorry maddie that’s so rubbish. Unfortunately we’re sold out. If I were you, I would try and at least claim your money back from Royal Mail, as its their fault!
Good luck!
- Andrew”

Alright I think we all reached the point where 27 people here should paypal her a dollar. Its been worth the story. This will be better than Jesse Lacey. Shoot me your paypal Madie.

NOTE: If this is lame disregard.

i’m just glad I had the people here to give me a dose of reality. I’m waaaaaaaay too trusting.

It’s all good though, I  just did some design work for bigbruise in exchange for his record release copy.... so I do have another, unbroken copy of the record. I just wanted to see if it was even remotely possible to get money back from USPS, never thought it would turn into this whole drama.

Oh cool glad it did work out. Yeah keep you're guard up lady. Especially since you're a crazy magnet. Seriously I don't understand how it happens...

you can say that again. I have a ton of insane texts saved from when I had to provide proof to my ex’s probation officer. he wished death/AIDs upon me a lot.

my apartment has also been broken into twice while I was away for the weekend. nothing stolen, but my closet was torn apart.

jesus I really am a crazy magent.