My USPS saga comes to an end

Okay, some of you know I received this record in early december last year. It was shoved into my mailbox, basically folded over onto itself.

352kily.jpg

I'll try to keep this as short as possible, but obviously Basement didn't add any insurance to this. USPS gave me the run around for a good 3 weeks, sending me to different post offices and the main office to file a claim. Finally I was directed to the post office who actually delivered it. It sat there for another 3 weeks while they were 'investigating it'... I'd go there occasionally or call to see what was up. But no one believed that it was actually forced into my mailbox. Everyone thought it was damaged during transit. I thought the sassy black woman handling my cases' eyes were going to roll out of her head. Even the guy who delivered it stood in front of me shaking his head back and forth saying 'not possible' when I was explaining what happened. Basically everyone was a dick to me. I mean, yeah I get it, it's not an expensive item, but I at least wanted to try and get my money back.

I called there yesterday, because at this point I just wanted the record back and to be done with it. Some guy named Jamie answered the phone, apparently he is the new manager at my branch. I told him what was going on and how everyone there so far had been dicks to me and I just wanted to come pick up the record. He said he would look into it.

He called me back today and said that he was going to pay me out of his pocket. He said a lot of things about paper trails and filing official claims and investigations and how it would take too much time/manpower to do all that.

THE WEIRD PART: he wants to meet me at a coffee shop to give me the money and my record. I told him that I wasn't comfortable with him just paying me out of his pocket like that, and that I could just stop by the post office to get my record. He said he doesn't want anyone at the office to see him paying me, and that he wants to keep me a 'satisfied usps customer'.

Does this feel really wrong to anyone else?

tldr; I fought the post office and won, in a sad, sad way.

That's a really bizarre ending. You only spoke to this guy on the phone? What kind of a postal worker actually gives a shit if his customers are angry? I've never met one.

Yeah, I've legitimately only talked to the guy twice. He was really nice, but I definitely can't take his money. I do kind of want my broken record back though.

you should go meet him for coffee, I mean, whats the worst thing that could happen?

true, dude already probably has her address and has been stalking her and now wants a pseudo date. 2 phone calls my ass, he's past that. its starting to sound like the postmaster is this guy:

12707-1572.jpg

seriously, just grab the record and move along. that just sounds creepy.

maybe it's a subtle way of hitting on you because he liked your voice.

you get coffee with him, maybe he'll pay your postage from time to time. :P

I use to manage a skate shop and there was a lady working for one of our distributors. Her name was Melissa and although I only heard her voice. I knew I loved her. 

I never got to meet her and now I live the rest of my life with regret.