My USPS saga comes to an end

Sounds like you have a case on your hands. How has nobody seen mentioned this? Dude is obviously trying to hook up with you, date you, or do whatever sketchy shit with you. Paying you out of pocket and meet at a coffee shop, to settle a USPS dispute? You can so use this to your advantage and you'd be crazy not to. 

I would speak to his supervisor, or a main office or somebody explaining the record situation and then how the branch manager is attempting to get you to meet outside of the business for "coffee" and an un documented payment. Could probably even be passed as sexual harassment. Say you felt threatened, scared, or some shit. The ball is in your court. Slam dunk yo.

I work for the USPS...and this is fucking bizarre what this guy is doing. I seriously have no words to describe how weird that is.

Do you know if he is the Postmaster,Supervisor, Etc? Either way, you could go above him and talk to whoever the district head is and tell them what he is trying to do. He would get fired in heartbeat.

seriously, just wow. haha

yeah, i'd just let it go. but then again, who the fuck sends a record in a manilla envelope? did at least have backing?

It was in a mailer... A really shitty thin mailer.

I don't know what I want to do. I don't want to fuck the guy over, but I know it's naive of me to think he just wants to give me my money back for the sake of customer service.

I work for the USPS...and this is fucking bizarre what this guy is doing. I seriously have no words to describe how weird that is.

Do you know if he is the Postmaster,Supervisor, Etc? Either way, you could go above him and talk to whoever the district head is and tell them what he is trying to do. He would get fired in heartbeat.

seriously, just wow. haha

Yeah, I had been taking to someone named Maureen this whole time, and finally yesterday she said, ' i need to talk to my boss about this'... Puts me on hold, then the guy Jamie was on the line.

It's just crazy to me that they just didn't admit their screw up in the first place. They CLEARLY stuffed that in your mailbox and for the carrier to try to say otherwise is a fucking joke.

Out of curiousity though....trying to look at it from both sides, was the package that the record came in marked as "Do Not Bend" or  "Fragile"

I'd have to look again, but I believe it had a fragile stamp on it. The Maureen lady had previously told me that it wasn't my regular mail guy on the route the day it was delivered.

Whoever it was spent some time getting it in there, it took me a good 5 minutes to pry it out.

My mailbox wouldn't open today... I assumed it was just frozen shut. I feel like I'm involved in some USPS conspiracy.

oh no, I'm not backing the carrier up...its clearly his fault. To try to bend a package like that is idiotic but you'd be suprised what people send in large manilla packages that don't mark it as fragile or do not bend that get destroyed.

One time, a person sent these really expensive sunglasses that cost like 200 bucks or something in a loose large manilla envelope with no protection whatsoever. Didn't insure it, didn't mark it "fragile" "do not crush" or "do not bend"...needless to say, the person on the recieving end was not happy that they were crushed.

What a bizarre story. Kind of want you to go and check out the situation, kind of think its a bad idea. I'm so torn! Either way, the paying you out of pocket bit is sketchy.

Why don't you go with a friend. Tell him to bring the record and if he turns out to be dreamy go talk to him. If not, get a coffee and GTFO. It would be like that scene in Ghost World, except with a record instead of a green (?) sweater.

I have a voicemail and a missed call from him from earlier today. But the number he called from says 'unknown'. I didn't even think anything of it, I just called him back at the post office number.

He did pronounce my name right though, which i found weird because no one ever does. He's got my home address, cell phone, work phone, and work address, dammit.

I have a voicemail and a missed call from him from earlier today. But the number he called from says 'unknown'. I didn't even think anything of it, I just called him back at the post office number.

He did pronounce my name right though, which i found weird because no one ever does. He's got my home address, cell phone, work phone, and work address, dammit.

Yeah, I take back my earlier comment. This is super sketchy.

You know, the more I think of this the more I think this might need to be reported. This shit smacks of trouble. If you want I can call my friend Bobby T - he is a retired postal worker that serves as a volunteer firefighter with me. He would be able to gauge for me if this is way out of line. 

Thanks Dave. I'm going to call tomorrow. Should I call my branch? I'm just nervous... If I ask to speak with the manager, and the manager is him. Or should I call the main branch?

Mike T, the dude looks like the guy who usually helps me out at my branch. Only his beard is about a foot longer. In other words, dammit mike T.

royal-oak-post-office-5.jpg

From the CBS local site where this photo is from

Post Office Memorial

Union Steward and USPS Letter Handler Charlie Withers was one of 50 people working at the Royal Oak Post Office who were there 20 years ago on Nov. 14, 1991, when recently-fired letter carrier Thomas McIlvane shot 8 people.

Mike T I think you just got catfished!