Overrated/Overhyped bands and or artist

Although I'm some what of a hypocrite for saying this but The Smiths, like don't get me wrong they're good, and have great lyrics but I'm so tired of all the trendy teens walking around telling me how great "Alseep" is. Okay I get it you read The Perks Of Being a Wallflower you liked the only smiths song mentioned in the whole book, you're such a fan. There a girls at my school who walk around with The Smiths and Morrisey T-shirts and when you ask them what their favorite song off of The Queen is Dead they're at a lose for words. That's another thing that rubs me the wrong way is when people wear say, a Beatles or Nirvana and all they know is "Here Comes The Sun" or "Smells Like Teen Spirit". Once a guy I approached a guy with a Beatles T-shirt on he was a typical YOLO Swag boy, he was at most 14 and I asked what's your favorite Beatles song. He promptly told me that the Beatles was a TV show...

Working at the mall I tend to see a lot of people wearing the Misfits crimson ghost merchandise, therefore, I must ask them what their favorite Misfits record is.  My favorite was a dude-man-bro in a Famous hat whose response was an awkward "aw man, they're all so great", to which I replied with "you can't name a single one can you?"  His response, "nah man, I didn't even know it was a band, I just saw lil wayne wearing it".  Ugh.  

one of my managers today asked me what deadmau5 was a reference to. i didnt know what he was asking. turns out hes just never heard of deadmau5 and really liked the shirt,

A vast majority of the bands that are jocked around here qualify for this thread on account of them being watered down mallpunk versions of much better bands.

If you can buy it at Hot Topic, there is a good chance it belongs in this thread...

A vast majority of the bands that are jocked around here qualify for this thread on account of them being watered down mallpunk versions of much better bands.

If you can buy it at Hot Topic, there is a good chance it belongs in this thread...

You know that you can buy Fugazi and Smashing Pumpkins at Hot Topic right?

Fall Out Boy

Panic! At The Disco

Thrice

Brand New

Something Corporate

Paramore

Balance and Composure

Gaslight Anthem

La Dispute

Tigers Jaw

Touché Amor

The Dear Hunter

The Story So Far

Underoath

100% correct...bands are turrible.

Hahaha, sorry about my asshole post y'all!  I really always try not to be 'that guy' but sometimes there's nothing like a little late-night drunken message board catharsis.

Carry on!

while i don't agree with the whole list, i certainly appreciate where you're coming from.