PO: Fall Out Boy - Save Rock and Roll (5/7)

I hear ya. I definitely wouldn't listen to it much, but I'd like to have a complete collection you know cause I listen to the others all the time

m

I want my heart is a b-side on 10". I've been lobbying for it for years. Evening out on pink 12" would also be win. And I'd listen to it all the time. Would love to get this pressed too, but.. woah- cant do it by myself.

So wait Eric is a black 15 year old who lives somewhere far away from his parents (Mr. And Mrs.Romney) who send him money for overpriced the wekend vinyl and also somehow has nostalgia for things that came out when he was six. (He watched duck tales in utero or something.) 

Just trying to keep track here. 

I don't see why more people aren't pumped about this. Unless you just don't like pop music... These singles have been awesome (read shameless, catchy, and marketable). It's not old FOB obviously, but this stuff is rad. If it wasn't under the name Fall Out Boy, I feel like we'd all like this a lot more. Seriously fun tunes.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't see why more people aren't pumped about this. Unless you just don't like pop music... These singles have been awesome (read shameless, catchy, and marketable). It's not old FOB obviously, but this stuff is rad. If it wasn't under the name Fall Out Boy, I feel like we'd all like this a lot more. Seriously fun tunes.

I understand why some people would be pumped about this, but the thing I don't get is why an old school Fall Out Boy fan would be even remotely excited. 

And to fans of Jason Mraz, Maroon 5, Miley Cyrus, Lady Gaga, 2 Chainz, Cobra Starship, Ashlee Simpson, Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez,  Rebecca Black, Carly Rae Jepsen, and Train.......GET STOKED!!!! THIS IS GONNA BE HUUUUUUUUUUGE!

And to fans of Jason Mraz, Maroon 5, Miley Cyrus, Lady Gaga, 2 Chainz, Cobra Starship, Ashlee Simpson, Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez, Rebecca Black, Carly Rae Jepsen, and Train.......GET STOKED!!!! THIS IS GONNA BE HUUUUUUUUUUGE!

Oh man, sounds sick.

For some reason the addition of Train to that line up of pure pop gold made me laugh.

Song sounds like Train, definitely. First two songs are fantastic but I don't know what I think of this one just yet. Probably better in context.

So insanely excited for this still.

Yeah well Pete Wentz is friends with Train probably because he directed at least one of their videos. The new track is a "Hey Soul Sister" clone for sure with hints of Fun. 

By the way, I'm not trying to knock FOB with my comparisons earlier, it's just not for me. My sister would love it and so would my college roommate. All those artists/musicians I listed obviously had some success one way or another. FOB will cash out big time with this one. 

I understand why some people would be pumped about this, but the thing I don't get is why an old school Fall Out Boy fan would be even remotely excited. 

And to fans of Jason Mraz, Maroon 5, Miley Cyrus, Lady Gaga, 2 Chainz, Cobra Starship, Ashlee Simpson, Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez,  Rebecca Black, Carly Rae Jepsen, and Train.......GET STOKED!!!! THIS IS GONNA BE HUUUUUUUUUUGE!

At the end of the day it just comes down to what sounds good. I still don't think Cobra Starship sound good anymore and most of the bands or artists you listened to nothing for me but I don't hate pop (actually do sorta like train but I listened to them since Drops of Jupiter). I hate when bands sound them same after so many years or come back from a long hiatus with the same old thing. I expect bands to grow, sound different, and the members to get older. I don't expect to like everything I hear and while I have with these new FOB songs I really enjoy the sound of Patrick Stump's vocals. This is probably the least fob song of the 3 they have released imo but I still very much like it. Some people just like certain vocalists. I find most top 40 pop music meh cause it lacks heart. There are however always a handful of bands that make it big on big melodies and loads of heart. I would rather have FOB having fun and redefining themselves than releasing multiple copies of cork tree and each being worse than the last. They are talented musicians and exploring a different field on the music spectrum is worth a shot. They all feel very passionate about their music and it shows. If I did not enjoy it I would not listen regardless of the name behind it. If all these top 40 pop stars and pop bands wrote an albums with passion, diversity, and heart than I might like them more. 

At the end of the day it just comes down to what sounds good. I still don't think Cobra Starship sound good anymore and most of the bands or artists you listened to nothing for me but I don't hate pop (actually do sorta like train but I listened to them since Drops of Jupiter). I hate when bands sound them same after so many years or come back from a long hiatus with the same old thing. I expect bands to grow, sound different, and the members to get older. I don't expect to like everything I hear and while I have with these new FOB songs I really enjoy the sound of Patrick Stump's vocals. This is probably the least fob song of the 3 they have released imo but I still very much like it. Some people just like certain vocalists. I find most top 40 pop music meh cause it lacks heart. There are however always a handful of bands that make it big on big melodies and loads of heart. I would rather have FOB having fun and redefining themselves than releasing multiple copies of cork tree and each being worse than the last. They are talented musicians and exploring a different field on the music spectrum is worth a shot. They all feel very passionate about their music and it shows. If I did not enjoy it I would not listen regardless of the name behind it. If all these top 40 pop stars and pop bands wrote an albums with passion, diversity, and heart than I might like them more. 

Yeah I mean I do think this sounds better than most of the stuff I listed and the big reason why is the vocals. I'm not against bands changing their sound and evolving, I'm just not a huge pop fan. I just wish they renamed the band or still had some pop punk project or something...

There is no denying that this sound will appeal to fans of those bands/musicians that I listed. I would prefer Lady Gaga to new FOB but I would definitely choose FOB over the others.

Yeah I mean I do think this sounds better than most of the stuff I listed and the big reason why is the vocals. I'm not against bands changing their sound and evolving, I'm just not a huge pop fan. I just wish they renamed the band or still had some pop punk project or something...

There is no denying that this sound will appeal to fans of those bands/musicians that I listed. I would prefer Lady Gaga to new FOB but I would definitely choose FOB over the others.

did you even hear FAD?