PO: Fall Out Boy - Save Rock and Roll (5/7)

Well I dunno. This album is enjoyable, but

1)They should've change name of the record.

2)Release this album with another band's name.

Because to play The Phoenix along with Dance, Dance in one set is kind of...strange?

Also I should mention shitload(<-this is the best word in english along with "excellent"(I swear)) of autotune in every track, but Stump's voice still sounds pretty good,

People dont like this album because they "jumped too fast" from powerchord pop-pop-rock to power-synthy-pop(?). In my opinion, they should've made something like last Franz Ferdinant album after Foile a Deux and before this...

Dance, Dance came out in 2005. Are you doing the exact same things you did 8 years ago?

Oh no, they made an album that they wanted to make, not the album you wanted to hear.

Honestly they have been gradually changing. It was a big jump in sound and not everyone will enjoy but they took a risk with it. Folie was not well received at first because of its stark difference in sound. Band has no two albums that sound the same and as much as FUTCT hit people hard as kids the band are older and this is the sorta music style that is more dominant. They probably all enjoy pop music and it affected massively the direction they wanted to go. The album is far from without faults but the band has always changed their sound and it was a long time coming to this. 

Overall after multiple listens I can say I enjoy the album but then again I enjoy Stump's vocals and the vibe they give off in their music some times. It screams go big or go home. Not everyone will enjoy it and honestly "The Mighty Fall" is the worst song they have ever done imo but thats cause the song is just too much and as it goes on it feels more and more uninspired. Its easy for bands to stay the same, cater to fans, and rake in cash but taking risks is difficult. In the end this will alienate some fans and make some more but the heart of their core sound still breathes in their music. A lot of songs give off the same vibe as IOH songs just with a poppier tune. Who knows where they will go next but change is necessary for all artists even if we hate it. I wanna say I only like it cause of Patrick's vocals but I bet the same could be said about their old stuff. New is not always better but its what comes FOB definitely don't sound like themselves on this record but their dynamic nature is still alive and well. As long as the band is proud of it than it could be universally hated or loved and still mean the same.

PS: Its not better than Folie but its more dynamic than a lot of their earlier work for better and for worse.

It will be very interesting to hear the two songs on the same set list! although when i first heard My Songs... i thought wow how could this go along beside FUCT songs???  but when they played it live ... they really seem to bring it back to the pop-rock ish sound.

The main problem is the instruments. On the records they are mostly digital(especially drums), sometime track dont have "bass" lane, sometime don't have "guitar" lane. I can imagine bass/guitar player standing on the scene and picking his nose while Stump will sing over drum machine).

Dance, Dance came out in 2005. Are you doing the exact same things you did 8 years ago?

Oh no, they made an album that they wanted to make, not the album you wanted to hear.

I've already wrote, that I'm ok with the album, but I don't understand why they've went to the way of LInkin Park and 30STM.

+Many bands play in the style which they started(because they like it) more than 8 years. For example: NOFX/Bad Religion/Alkaline Trio etc,etc.

I got 1 more version (dont be mad at me :lol:): Stump released his solo project and it was not successfull/successfull and he tried to do what HE like under cover of Fall Out Boy/producers told them, that his album was good, and to make more money they should make album in "that" style. We'll never know.

About vocals: the reason they sound cool - they've put too many effects, compressed them, and tuned them harder than ever.

But engineers made them interesting to listen, so it's ok.

The main problem is the instruments. On the records they are mostly digital(especially drums), sometime track dont have "bass" lane, sometime don't have "guitar" lane. I can imagine bass/guitar player standing on the scene and picking his nose while Stump will sing over drum machine).

I've already wrote, that I'm ok with the album, but I don't understand why they've went to the way of LInkin Park and 30STM.

+Many bands play in the style which they started(because they like it) more than 8 years. For example: NOFX/Bad Religion/Alkaline Trio etc,etc.

I got 1 more version (dont be mad at me :lol:): Stump released his solo project and it was not successfull/successfull and he tried to do what HE like under cover of Fall Out Boy/producers told them, that his album was good, and to make more money they should make album in "that" style. We'll never know.

About vocals: the reason they sound cool - they've put too many effects, compressed them, and tuned them harder than ever.

But engineers made them interesting to listen, so it's ok.

Now look at the ceiling of limited appeal of bands like NOFX, Bad Religion, etc versus the growth that FOB (or 30STM or LP) have witnessed. Yes, bands like that are decently popular. But they've reached a plateau, or in Alkaline Trio's case a slow and steady decline.

As much sad bastard music as people listen to around here its nice to hear a catchy pop album with some merit. Its by no means perfect but I sure as heck enjoying it. It may be true if it was not fob I would not like but it is so I guess thats a thing. I hope they write more albums after this and coming back was not just a one time thing. Patrick Stump has a lot of talent and wears his inspirations on his sleeve when singing. 

After one listen I'm in between liking it and really liking it.  They are songs that work really well for me (Just One Yesterday) and some that just don't hit right (Where Did The Party Go).  I'm in agreement that I wish it was a little less "produced" sounding.  Also Save Rock And Roll is a killer closer.

Edit: I'm also probably in the minority in thinking that Big Sean's verse was good.  It might just because for once he doesn't cheese up a song he's featured in.