PO: Fall Out Boy - Save Rock and Roll (5/7)

"I found solace in songs that let me know I was not alone in my heartbreak. Now I've grown. I'm no longer the boy I once was. I loved. I lost. I'm now a man that understands that the person you'd take a bullet for is sometimes the one behind the trigger. And as I've changed" -jason tate

this is absolutely amazing. i feel like i've struck gold reading this in a fall out boy review, fall out boy. haha singing about exploding orgasms that feel like volcanoes or something.

fall out boy definitely made a boy out of that asshole.

Save Rock And Roll is an album that fulfills this promise and one that resonates and screams of a band actualized within its own identity even while the listener searches for his or her own. And I know that I'll reach for this album countless times over the years -- aware of what it says to me, and forever unafraid of what it says about me. -jason tate

HE'S SO BRAVE!

I guess I with the minority on this site who love the album. Honestly though it has a lot to do with Patrick's vocals and how he pushes his range. I get that a lot of these songs are straight up pop that will probably win over hordes of middle school girls but this is the sorta of stuff I would've hated a few years ago. I have grown to like good pop music recently. This album is far from without faults but I enjoy it. I guess not everyone will but everyone dismissed Folie when it came out. I still think Folie is their best album and am glad they are done with the overplayed pop punk scene. I guess at the end of the day you gotta just enjoy what you life. If Patrick wasn't their vocalist who knows what I would think about this. 

Im a massive fob fan but as previously said this is very patrick solo album influenced. Part of me though has just come to terms that im no longer 15 and fob have taken a new direction ... or could the joke be on all of us and its a remix album??? I can only dream. Ill still listen to it though... I cant turn my back on one of the biggest bands in my life.

Im a massive fob fan but as previously said this is very patrick solo album influenced. Part of me though has just come to terms that im no longer 15 and fob have taken a new direction ... or could the joke be on all of us and its a remix album??? I can only dream. Ill still listen to it though... I cant turn my back on one of the biggest bands in my life.

Well I dunno. This album is enjoyable, but

1)They should've change name of the record.

2)Release this album with another band's name.

Because to play The Phoenix along with Dance, Dance in one set is kind of...strange?

Also I should mention shitload(<-this is the best word in english along with "excellent"(I swear)) of autotune in every track, but Stump's voice still sounds pretty good,

People dont like this album because they "jumped too fast" from powerchord pop-pop-rock to power-synthy-pop(?). In my opinion, they should've made something like last Franz Ferdinant album after Foile a Deux and before this...

Well I dunno. This album is enjoyable, but

1)They should've change name of the record.

2)Release this album with another band's name.

Because to play The Phoenix along with Dance, Dance in one set is kind of...strange?

Also I should mention shitload(<-this is the best word in english along with "excellent"(I swear)) of autotune in every track, but Stump's voice still sounds pretty good,

People dont like this album because they "jumped too fast" from powerchord pop-pop-rock to power-synthy-pop(?). In my opinion, they should've made something like last Franz Ferdinant album after Foile a Deux and before this...

Agree! It was a massive jump. They should of done a inbetween album but i really have no right to say what they should release or not. This album is just a massive shock to the system.

It will be very interesting to hear the two songs on the same set list! although when i first heard My Songs... i thought wow how could this go along beside FUCT songs???  but when they played it live ... they really seem to bring it back to the pop-rock ish sound.

Maybe these songs live will fit in??? and Yes his voice is sounding better then it ever has IMO heaps stronger! probably alot to do with how much weight he has lost. Atleast he is now finishing each line in the songs lol