What's your latest purchase?

Item Weight 11.6 pounds Product Dimensions 60 x 96 x 0.2 inches Origin Imported (India) Item model number 810327020670 Assembled Height 0.25 inches Assembled Width 60 inches Assembled Length 96 inches Weight 12 Pounds

• Made from 100% recycled cotton
  • Hand woven Rug

Item Weight 10 pounds Product Dimensions 96 x 60 x 0.2 inches Origin USA Item model number Felted 5x8
  • 100% post industrial recycled synthetic fibers with all natural rubber/sbr latex backing

Nope. Opted against it. The idea of tweaking picture just seems pointless with my limited knowledge. This line from Oppo is what sold me on the non-Darbee

"In summary, if you are looking for a quality player that accurately reproduces video, the BDP-103 is the right choice; if you are looking for a more customized experience beyond standard picture adjustments, the Darbee edition provides additional possibilities to fine tune your viewing experience."

probably a good call. I read that weird stuff can happen with some TVs that are attempting to do their own correction on top of the darbee effect.

Did you find a good price online? local? or did you just pick it up for the standard offer price?  

I have been keeping an eye out for deals, but haven't really seen anything.

I've gone nuts since Tuesday. Someone was selling a new old stock b&k avp3090 preamp for $70 on Craigslist. I asked about the adcom gfa-555 it was sitting on, and grabbed that for $260 and then, since the b&k doesn't have a phono stage picked up a yaqin ms-23b valve phono preamp to round things out (with $9 2-year protection plan be because of their quality control issues). Now I'm broke.

I've gone nuts since Tuesday. Someone was selling a new old stock b&k avp3090 preamp for $70 on Craigslist. I asked about the adcom gfa-555 it was sitting on, and grabbed that for $260 and then, since the b&k doesn't have a phono stage picked up a yaqin ms-23b valve phono preamp to round things out (with $9 2-year protection plan be because of their quality control issues). Now I'm broke.

But do you have happy ears?

In a moment of weakness I bought a B&O cd player.

I'm not and never have been a fan of B&O but for purely aesthetic reasons I've built up an 80's system for an extension I'm having built on the back of the house (priorities in the correct order, hifi sorted before construction commences.) and you do have to bask in it's Scandinavian grooviness

Edit

I did get a little worried when I kept getting the answer "Why?" each time I made the statement "I'm looking for a B&O CD player" though