What's your latest purchase?

I recently purchased Wharfedale Diamond 220's.  I have read that they don't have too much bass, but these really seem to be lacking, but maybe my ear is just used to a lot of bass.  For those of you who have experienced these, would you recommend using a subwoofer on top of the speakers?  The subwoofer I currently I have access to is a Harmon Kardon TS7, from my parents old home theatre setup.

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/689558/Harman-Kardon-Sub-Ts7.html#manual

Not strictly a latest purchase as I bought this table without an arm in October. It's a Royce Elega a long defunct English cottage industry turntable maker. It has a novel Sorbothane suspension system on it

When I got it back in October I stuck a Linn Basik on it to try it and was very impressed with it straight away but put it aside to work on other things. Over the Christmas break I got it back out and fitted a recently bought LAD/Jelco SA370 arm (Same as the Sumiko Premier MMT but in silver) to it that I'd rewired with Cardas cable and modified a thick Acrylic platter intended for a Rega to go on it and I really do like it so this may well take up a more permanent position in my system.

I have a Clearaudio Aurum Beta cartridge in it at the moment but I'm going to try one of my better MC's in it to see how it fares with that, I've got a Supex and an Entre here to try with it

DSCF1002_zpsbnie3pvs.jpg

Finally got to pick up the PSB Alpha B1's I bought a couple weeks ago...the shop I bought them from gave me a loaner pair to use while I was waiting on the new ones to ship, but now I've got my own hooked up and good to go. Now, to wait out the 50+ hours it'll take to break 'em in...

• 3 weeks later...

Not really a purchase, but this morning I had a client give me a Pioneer PL-530 (minus the broken cover), Marantz 2285 Receiver and Pioneer CT-F7272 Cassette Deck.  The TT got a good cleaning, cartridge transplant (AT440MLa), alignment/balance, and its on the shelf ready to go.  Everything works perfect on it other than maybe needing to deoxit the speed trims.  It replaces an AT-LP120.  The Marantz needs some work but worst case will get sold/traded off.  The cassette deck is an unknown quantity until I have some test material.  Pretty good start to the day.

34fbrpg.jpg

Just received a Lounge Audio LCR phono pre as a step up from the phono input on my Rotel RX975. It needs a few days to burn in so I won't do any serious listening or comparisons until the weekend but my first impression is that it is a big improvement. From what I've read it should really open up after 30-40 hours, can't wait to hear for myself.

I don't listen to my main setup as much as I'd like for a number of reasons, but have been listening to headphones more and more frequently. As a result, and because I sold a set of records for a very good amount of money (Hayden's first few LPs), I bought a Grace Design M9XX (the one from Massdrop) off a local guy. It's a DAC/headphone amp that works with USB and Toslink, plus is smartphone friendly. I've only listened for about 40 minutes of FLACs from a computer and Spotify via my phone and it really does sound great. I'm excited to play around with it a little bit more. I have some AKG K702s and Grado SR125s, and both sound great through it.

IMG_5960.jpg

Not really a purchase, but this morning I had a client give me a Pioneer PL-530 (minus the broken cover), Marantz 2285 Receiver and Pioneer CT-F7272 Cassette Deck.  The TT got a good cleaning, cartridge transplant (AT440MLa), alignment/balance, and its on the shelf ready to go.  Everything works perfect on it other than maybe needing to deoxit the speed trims.  It replaces an AT-LP120.  The Marantz needs some work but worst case will get sold/traded off.  The cassette deck is an unknown quantity until I have some test material.  Pretty good start to the day.

34fbrpg.jpg

Damn, the Marantz is nice.

Fixed the weak link in my set up tonight; my home audio shop gave me a package deal on a ProJect Debut Carbon, Phono Box MM, and a pair of Evergreen RCA cables to link everything together for $450...so, goodbye, plastic piece of crap PSLX300 that I bought from Best Buy!

Fixed the weak link in my set up tonight; my home audio shop gave me a package deal on a ProJect Debut Carbon, Phono Box MM, and a pair of Evergreen RCA cables to link everything together for $450...so, goodbye, plastic piece of crap PSLX300 that I bought from Best Buy!

How's that working out for you?