What's your latest purchase?

Got a pair of Definitive SM-55s for $400 when they usually go for $600. The clarity on these is amazing. I'm really happy with them, especially paired with a 2M Blue cart.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_735SM55/Definitive-Technology-StudioMonitor-55.html?tp=186&awkw=75639144985&awat=pla&awnw=g&awcr=47618659225&awdv=c

mZs3fgY.jpg

Nice dude, congrats on the recent upgrades. That's a nice sounding system you have. Next step is to upgrade your amp and you'll be set!

Thanks, man.

Next on the list is a NuForce DDA120 to use as my vinyl amp, and just use the Sony for the TV set up. Glad these Definitives are bi-amp friendly. Then replacing the pre with a Vincent PHO8, and I'll be done for a good while.

Thanks, man.

Next on the list is a NuForce DDA120 to use as my vinyl amp, and just use the Sony for the TV set up. Glad these Definitives are bi-amp friendly. Then replacing the pre with a Vincent PHO8, and I'll be done for a good while.

Am I the only one that felt a slight chest pain reading that part? I mean, if you're doing what I think you're doing, it's a bit of a dangerous idea.

I scan read that quickly the first time and it didn't register but yes Slinch is absolutely right if you're setting up as it reads you're going to make smoke and possibly flames

assuming the intent is to have one pair of speakers connected to a stereo amp for music and then an AV amp for AVing, you would indeed have significant issues using the bi-amp terminals to that end.

bi-amp terminals are intended to allow you to use one amp to power the high end and another amp to power the low end, but only one source.

what you would need instead is an amp that supports a home theater bypass type feature.   I have my system set up this way.  So my stereo amp is always powering my front speakers and then the AV receiver picks up the front/rear duties when in use.

Here's a not-at-all nerdy diagram that shows how I have everything connected.

8377_10205931084102445_32182889064454543

assuming the intent is to have one pair of speakers connected to a stereo amp for music and then an AV amp for AVing, you would indeed have significant issues using the bi-amp terminals to that end.

bi-amp terminals are intended to allow you to use one amp to power the high end and another amp to power the low end, but only one source.

what you would need instead is an amp that supports a home theater bypass type feature. I have my system set up this way. So my stereo amp is always powering my front speakers and then the AV receiver picks up the front/rear duties when in use.

Wow, what a dork. Hey, geek, maybe spend more time listen to music and less drawing pictures for your mommmmmmy. Bleep, bloop, blorp. I am a robot, here is the latest schematic that I have printed on the dot-matrix printer that is built into my abdomen. Nerd.

what you would need instead is an amp that supports a home theater bypass type feature.   I have my system set up this way.  So my stereo amp is always powering my front speakers and then the AV receiver picks up the front/rear duties when in use.

Nice picture you really should have a man in a white coat with a beard and glasses explaining it by pointing at it with a smoking pipe though.

Also what's a the special audio effect of having a cover on only one speaker? Or is that one prone to attack from small children, animals or aliens?

Joking aside you should add that post to the beginners guide as it does explain it very well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...