I need 100 new songs to listen to

mrewest

i think I've heard of this band. Aren't they like a "Nintendo-rock" band?

They do concept albums about the nintendo game Mega Man. I know it sounds weird, but you can listen to the album and read the lyrics and the storyline in between verses and it's the coolest thing you will ever hear. If you have some time check out that album and you will not be dissapointed.

just read over your notes, looks like day 2 was a real miss for you

Yeah a lot of vocalists I didn't care for in this batch. But I did enjoy El Ten Eleven and Minus the Bear.

Overall the leader so far (already a change from what I initially posted) is HRVRD. I listened to that whole album and think i have a man crush on that singer. He's like a more polished Anthony Green that sings a bit lower. Really diggin it.

I've been slacking tho and need to get on my "Day 3" stuff.

And that Protoman concept sounds pretty incredible. Huge Mega Man guy here. Definitely gonna check that out.

Yeah a lot of vocalists I didn't care for in this batch. But I did enjoy El Ten Eleven and Minus the Bear.

Overall the leader so far (already a change from what I initially posted) is HRVRD. I listened to that whole album and think i have a man crush on that singer. He's like a more polished Anthony Green that sings a bit lower. Really diggin it.

I've been slacking tho and need to get on my "Day 3" stuff.

And that Protoman concept sounds pretty incredible. Huge Mega Man guy here. Definitely gonna check that out.

Trust me get ACT II and pull up the lyrics on the net and read the story while listening to it. It's really the coolest thing I have ever experienced with an album. The singer is awesome and it's just epic. Let me know when you chekc it out. would love to hear your feedback.

HRVRD (Harvard) - The Inevitable and I. Can't get enough of this lately.

I just wanted to thank you for recommending this band. This has been the gem of this thread so far. Shoulda voted this number 1 for Day 1.

I just threw down way too much money for the new album bundle.

I just wanted to thank you for recommending this band. This has been the gem of this thread so far. Shoulda voted this number 1 for Day 1.

I just threw down way too much money for the new album bundle.

I win! ;) I'm stoked you love these guys as much as I do. They deserve every bit of recognition they get.

I don't really think you can listen to one Protomen song and sort of appreciate them. The sort of rock opera about mega man comes off really fucking goofy without more context. Even with context it feels like your listening to a musical. The Hounds stands on it's own the best I think. 

I've been enjoying your write-ups King and checking some shit out myself based on some of them. 

I don't really think you can listen to one Protomen song and sort of appreciate them. The sort of rock opera about mega man comes off really fucking goofy without more context. Even with context it feels like your listening to a musical. The Hounds stands on it's own the best I think.

I've been enjoying your write-ups King and checking some shit out myself based on some of them.

Yeah it appears that I'm just going to have to check out this Protomen album on its own as opposed to mixed in with a bunch of other stuff. I think that'll bey next task before moving onto Day 4.

Glad you enjoy the write ups! I envy those that can fully expand on their thoughts on entire albums. I think I operate better on just a few sentences per individual song. I don't think I could ever write a full album review that would be readable.

And I don't want to rip anyone for their suggestions because I appreciate all of them. Except maybe that Misser's song haha.

• 4 weeks later...