Deftones Live Vinyl compilation announced!

i'm not sure why anyone would pay that much more when the RSD version is already pretty thick. this release in general is just kind of questionable. i bought it, spun it, and i don't know if i will ever feel the need to play it again. not all that great

I agree. Wish it had the full album. A best of Deftones live Double LP or 4x LP would have been better IMO.

I hate to keep doing this but this series is shaping up to be a total gouge and the fact that there are only 4 tracks (per volume?) is killing me. That 180g is even more insult to injury. If I find a standard copy of this for around the $12 retail in the future, I might grab it just because I like to have all the 'tones stuff on vinyl but I stand by my assessment that this whole series would have been better served as a 3 to 4 LP set. $12 to $17 times 7 really adds the fuck up and I have to wonder if its worth it for me. If I see some really badass tracklists on a select few of these upcoming volumes which demand ownership, I'll pick and choose those volumes but I can't see spending $84 to $119 for 28 songs.

Am I really that far out of line to say this? Is this really a matter of "you can't please everyone" or is just a matter of a ridiculous expense for a product (or series of products) that doesn't quite live up to the cost. Mind you, I didn't even factor in the shipping if you were only able to get them online.

I hate to keep doing this but this series is shaping up to be a total gouge and the fact that there are only 4 tracks (per volume?) is killing me. That 180g is even more insult to injury. If I find a standard copy of this for around the $12 retail in the future, I might grab it just because I like to have all the 'tones stuff on vinyl but I stand by my assessment that this whole series would have been better served as a 3 to 4 LP set. $12 to $17 times 7 really adds the fuck up and I have to wonder if its worth it for me. If I see some really badass tracklists on a select few of these upcoming volumes which demand ownership, I'll pick and choose those volumes but I can't see spending $84 to $119 for 28 songs.

Am I really that far out of line to say this? Is this really a matter of "you can't please everyone" or is just a matter of a ridiculous expense for a product (or series of products) that doesn't quite live up to the cost. Mind you, I didn't even factor in the shipping if you were only able to get them online.

No you're not out of line to say this is expensive and could have just been a 3xlp set. On that note just don't buy it if you don't like it. It's your right to protest. I didn't like it either but really I only had two options, buy or don't. I bought it and it'll be a rare listen but I wanted to complete my collection.

That's what's killing me. I want to have it for collection's sake but at the same time, my new policy is to only buy stuff that I can see myself actually playing regularly and this is something that would get way more play if I could listen to all the volumes without having to flip or change discs 7 times in one sitting but rather 3 or 4 times. How annoying. I'm sorry if I'm beating a dead horse here. I just need to vent because I've wanted a Deftones live album forever but the format is completely squandering that opportunity they had to make an awesome live LP.

Like I've said, I only bought this one because it has teething. Any of the others in the series I'd have to hear before hand if they don't have a special track like that. Granted if Around the Fur has as intense a version of Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away) as when I've seen them perform it, that may be worth it for that song alone. A live Damone would get me on too.

I'm hoping that release number 7 comes with a box to store everything in. That would make it a nicer friendlier, gouging. Or with tracks from Eros! I dunno. There aren't pictures that I know of the whole set. What do you think? I think the completist superfan is going to have it worse to buy two of these sets. I paid $12.99 for mine and I'm happy with it.