PO: Rival Schools - Found LP

• 1 month later...

clear variant /250 is available directly from the band:

http://www.merchdirect.com/RivalSchools/Vinyl/FoundClearVinyl/?productid=16810

I'm not sure why, but I didn't really have intentions of buying this until I read this post. I really loved United By Fate and seeing that I could buy this directly from the band was kind of like a "oh yeah" moment to me and kind of kicked me into picking this up. I haven't listened to the lost record in years now but it will be nice to hear it all polished up properly and what not. Thanks for that.

Rad! What's the back look like?

Got my shipping confirmation today so this will be waiting for me whenever I get back. Thanks again Danny/prcdc for the help.

Even though I've heard these tracks (or most of them) hundreds of times I'm so incredibly excited to hear them mastered. The iTunes samples sounded fucking great. 

According to Sammy, it looks like Rival Schools will be performing this summer with Chris Traynor:

http://livehighfive.com/2013/04/02/drummer-spotlight-with-sammy-siegler-talks-nyhc-rival-schools-and-judge-rivalschoolsnyc/

You seem to have a never-ending drumming madman, so what’s going with Rival Schools, what’s going on with Judge…

S- Well, Rival Schools I kind of look at as my band! You know, our band, but the band I’m currently doing. We’re releasing an unreleased album that we recorded in 2003 that was supposed to by the follow up to United By Fate, sort of these demos we spent some time and money on, and we just ended up going on a hiatus after a year of working on that. So, they leaked a little bit n the internet, and we decided to officially release the album. It’s called Found, and it comes out on April 9th, and it’s a self-release. Chris Traynor played guitar on it, and I think he’s gonna be playing with us. We’re gonna try to do some shows this summer in support of it.

G- Get out of here! Anything in the works that you can let us know about?

S- Late June, maybe a little East Coast/West Coast thing. We’re working on it.

G- Dude that’s sick! And you’ve got Chris Traynor on guitar?!?!?!

S- Yeah. He a master, man! And we’re working on… We have a bunch of new songs as well, and the idea is to find the time to make that third or fourth album, however you look at it. We also want to make a new record, and it’s a fun thing. I really love those guys… It’s a lot of fun.

Speaking of Chris Traynor (and not to hijack the thread) I wish Orange 9mm's Tragic would've been pressed. I don't think many people care about Orange 9 anymore.

I care lots. I randomly bought Driver Not Included at a pawn shop when I was in jr. high because it looked cool. That was a great decision.

Got this today. Unfortunately, the record doesn't fit in the sleeve. I appreciate the heavy sleeve and all but I'd rather be able to properly fit the record inside of it.

meh, I just don't think heavy picture sleeves ever fit records right.  Mine "fits" but it sure is snug.  I usually just put the record in a regular white sleeve, and keep the picture sleeve as a separate insert.  This record doesn't seem to be an exceptional case.