THE OFFICIAL EBAY CRAZINESS THREAD

Maybe ask for a partial refund first (did this when someone mispacked a Cramps record a few weeks ago and they gave me half the amount back) and then give them a neutral rating.

They refunded you for the mistake and you still left neutral feedback?!?!

You should go fuck yourself.

Nope. Worked it out with the seller personally and gave them positive feedback because they were willing to fix the problem straight away. I advised on the neutral feedback in the event that the original poster felt they needed to do so i.e. communicated with the seller about proper shipping beforehand and seller failed to adhere, etc. I agree that it's crap to give a neutral or negative if the seller was amicable and able to work out a satisfactory refund without issue.

i guess i'll never own this...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290635010746?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Holy shit. I thought I was paying a ton for it when I paid $50.

I had two copies of this at one time. I traded one for a random NOFX 7" that is probably only worth $30, even now. And I did a three way trade with a couple of people, I bought a test, dude send it to chick, chick sent me the demo 7", I think I paid $115 for the test or something.

Crazy to think these things keep going up in value like this, wish I had hung onto all of those rare gaslight pieces. Oh well.

I was watching it a few days ago when it was at £27. Never thought it would get that high.

Also I won these the other day for next to nothing:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320796446375

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320796441070

Sell me one!! I've been looking for that forever and can't believe I missed two of them for that cheap.

sold a ton of records on ebay recently, like most of my collection. I have over 100 feedback and 100%. I ran out of mailers so I've been waiting on them and I sent them a message letting them know I was behind and waiting on mailers and their record was being sent out ASAP. I didn't have to message them at all. And now they are going nuts replying with:

"It states clearly the record will be shipped within 3 days also in your auction and you waited 17 days to even notify me that you are unable to go to a local store, post office, or find a piece of cardboard at your home to form a box with. What kind of customer service do you call that?".

even though the order details say "Estimated delivery: November 17 - December 1". record is going to be there before that.

would you really want a record taped in between two pieces of random cardboard I have in my house? How many local stores sell record mailers. and I know my post office certainly doesn't sell them. If I had made a mailer with shit I have in my house the record would be delivered damaged and they would say I packed it shitty and bitch then.

fuck

sold a ton of records on ebay recently, like most of my collection. I have over 100 feedback and 100%. I ran out of mailers so I've been waiting on them and I sent them a message letting them know I was behind and waiting on mailers and their record was being sent out ASAP. I didn't have to message them at all. And now they are going nuts replying with:

"It states clearly the record will be shipped within 3 days also in your auction and you waited 17 days to even notify me that you are unable to go to a local store, post office, or find a piece of cardboard at your home to form a box with. What kind of customer service do you call that?".

even though the order details say "Estimated delivery: November 17 - December 1". record is going to be there before that.

would you really want a record taped in between two pieces of random cardboard I have in my house? How many local stores sell record mailers. and I know my post office certainly doesn't sell them. If I had made a mailer with shit I have in my house the record would be delivered damaged and they would say I packed it shitty and bitch then.

fuck

Record stores would more than likely sell you extra mailers.

Personally, I think 17 days on ebay is Way too long to wait for something to be shipped. Especially without a message saying that it would be that long. Pretty much 90% of Mailers you can buy are shipped next day and usually arrive within a few days. Not sure why it took 17 days but I wouldn't be happy about it either but I wouldn't make a big deal about it. Communication goes a long way though. Also, if you don't have a mailer, Go somewhere grab the thickest box you can find, cut 13x13 and it will do the job. probably safer than a mailer in some instances. But communication is Key.

closest record store is an hour away. I've never received a record in a DYI box in years of buying records online. If I had a makeshift box and something happened to the record they would be cussing me out for shipping like an idiot.

I did msg them, maybe too long after but 2 other people were waiting too and neither of them had anything negative to say. I apologized, upgraded shipping from media to priority. "You can't fashion a box to safely ship a record out of cardboard? LOL, wow"

saw that and immediately refunded her.

17 days

What's your ebay name? I don't ever want to buy from you.

weird cause my feedback is flooded with nothing but fast shipping. I've sold a ton on here and on DF and have not had one complaint until this. the other two people who I sent the same exact msg to didn't really care either. shit happens.

Just get your shit together and have plenty of mailers before you decide to actually sell the records on eBay. Not trying to be rude but that's my answer to all this. Waiting 17 days to even contact the buyer is also horseshit.

I ordered what I thought I needed and ended up needing 2 LP mailers, with a ton of 7" left over. I sold pretty much my entire collection on here, DF, and ebay within the last couple months. I tried my best to get exactly what I needed so I didn't have alot left over.