THE OFFICIAL EBAY CRAZINESS THREAD

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Limited-Edition-THRICE-ALCHEMY-INDEX-Vinyl-Very-RARE-733-3000-Thrice-LP-/300638354494?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item45ff713c3e

Does this typically go for this little? I saw one recently go for $399.99 and Derek said that he just sold his Vheissu to a guy that bought The Alchemy Index for $450.

3000 copies pressed and fetching 450? Thrice fans must be nuts.

edit: I noticed on the regular ended auctions sites that several copies have been sold for 130 dollars this year and last year I have seen a bunch of copies going below 100 dollars.

I did not check if all of them have that error LP also, but one auction from last year that went for a 100 dollars had it for sure since it was pictured.

3000 copies pressed and fetching 450? Thrice fans must be nuts.

edit: I noticed on the regular ended auctions sites that several copies have been sold for 130 dollars this year and last year I have seen a bunch of copies going below 100 dollars.

I did not check if all of them have that error LP also, but one auction from last year that went for a 100 dollars had it for sure since it was pictured.

I just paid $260 for a copy of this on these boards.

Well you typically can't find it for less than $300 out there now, so I guess I'm content. Just wish I could've gotten it for that $160ish.

I don't listen to this band (so I don't know a ton about what their stuff usually sells for) but if you take a look at the completed items on eBay you will see that three sold at auction for $160, $162 and $182. There's two BINs that went for $400 and $450. The $400 one was yet another LazyLabrador item so I call bullshit on that. Bitch is probably trying her "set a market value" bs. And lol at the other one if some tool actually paid $450 for it.

Also, like someone else mentioned, these will settle down after Xmas.

Well you typically can't find it for less than $300 out there now, so I guess I'm content. Just wish I could've gotten it for that $160ish.

I don't listen to this band (so I don't know a ton about what their stuff usually sells for) but if you take a look at the completed items on eBay you will see that three sold at auction for $160, $162 and $182. There's two BINs that went for $400 and $450. The $400 one was yet another LazyLabrador item so I call bullshit on that. Bitch is probably trying her "set a market value" bs. And lol at the other one if some tool actually paid $450 for it.

Also, like someone else mentioned, these will settle down after Xmas.

Gotta love purchasing pre-order. I thought spending $100 on Vheissu was a bit much.

now is just a bad time to buy those hard to find thrice records. the supposed reissues notwithstanding, they just released an album, announced a hiatus and as people said, it's holiday time. there's more attention on them than usual right now.

wait a bit and it'll die down, or get a reissue.

i got the alchemy index + extra 10" for $160ppd sometime in the summer. i still think that's a lot, but it was closer to market value than these ones going for >$200. then again, i think it's just a matter of how badly do you really want it? i'm certainly guilty of getting things now because i didn't feel like going through the unknown of how much longer i'd have to go looking for a good deal.

I've never seen this one before. Price is insane. I believe this is the same dude that sold that odd handmade copy of Around the Fur that had actual fur on the case.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Deftones-Around-Fur-14-Mixes-Uncut-Pre-Mix-Studio-Master-Cassette-Tape-/190615123221?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c618bf515#ht_500wt_1287

That guy is loco man, yeah someone gona pay 500bucks for a tape.... right. That would be so awesome to hear the uncut songs though but not for that money.

You should meet this thread:

http://www.sharinglungs.com/index.php/topic,19248.0.html