THE OFFICIAL EBAY CRAZINESS THREAD

that's what has haunted me about this record... many of these have made it to a second owner who, like myself, would never sell it. i think this is the third one I've seen for sale this year and luckily it went up during a time that my job is offering unlimited overtime. I've sent higher offers to people on dead format and been turned down and my "highest bid" was actually much higher, so I am beyond thrilled.

edit: next stop, you fail me clear with broken cross! #pipedreams

double edit: I'd also like to add that I think one of the reasons why I got this at such a "good" price is due to the fact that the seller didn't include the terms "LP' or "vinyl" in the title. thus, if you searched for "converge lp" or "converge vinyl," this item wouldn't have been rendered in the search. I found it by searching "converge" and selecting the "records" option for sorting. I've found 3 copies of Brand New TDAG for under $35 this way, and also got a MTS press of Blink 182 S/T for $11ppd. oh and a Touche TTBOADH on white for $7ppd. tip for you all now that I have found my crown jewel. ;-)

Awesome record.

Better way to find sweet dealz is not clicking on the "records" box and just scrolling though everything by the artist you are looking for. Got some sweet scores on things marked as "other formats" or "entertainment memorabilia." And for Converge try coverge

Awesome record.

Better way to find sweet dealz is not clicking on the "records" box and just scrolling though everything by the artist you are looking for. Got some sweet scores on things marked as "other formats" or "entertainment memorabilia." And for Converge try coverge

haha you gave away another great secret. ;-)

Wait until after Christmas. December is the worst.

I've actually found the exact opposite to be true. A lot of people are forced to sell in december for XMAS money... flooded market, more choices, more competition, etc... I have always gotten my best deals in December. In january, kids will have their pockets stuffed with gift cards. I pretty much say fuck buying anything ebay wise in january. that's when i sell instead. ;-)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181040222137?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

i had been watching this devil & god with hopes of it staying low... :(

lowest i've seen one go for is $60.

someday....

I won that one. Sowwwyyy.

Don't give up hope. We've both probably been trying to score one for just as long as the other. I really bid to win on this one because it was unplayed and still had the shrink - everything I wanted in a copy. The sticker is such an iconic part of the artwork that everyone always tears off, and I really wanted to avoid something chewed to death on a crosley, so this was the perfect one for me. I probably could've gotten it cheaper if I was a little more patient/less picky, but I probably would've been happier with this one. Also I really want it before I leave for my trip (flying to Asia just after New Years. If I die at least I'll have died happy after having played this record. Then my relatives will probably put it back on eBay.)

Somehow I thought to check the eBay craziness thread because my purchase might be in it.

Lo and behold...

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1423.l2649

i had been watching this devil & god with hopes of it staying low... :(

lowest i've seen one go for is $60.

someday....

I won a sealed blue/white AFS pressing back in July for $51 ppd. One seller posted 10+ copies in a pretty short time frame, and they were going for less and less as each auction ended. Not trying to rub it in, just wanted to point out that they occasionally go for less.

I won a sealed blue/white AFS pressing back in July for $51 ppd. One seller posted 10+ copies in a pretty short time frame, and they were going for less and less as each auction ended. Not trying to rub it in, just wanted to point out that they occasionally go for less.

i got three of his listings. digitalisevil8. he has several ebay accounts and always flips records. unfortunately, he doesn't always list them properly, leaving out common search terms in the titles. this is also why his records well for cheap. that and he starts them at $1, which is always a bad idea.

one listing I won was for AFS blue/white swirl for $36ppd. what's even better is that he accidentally sent me a copy with two C/D lps. I contacted him and he asked for $36ppd and sent me another copy with two A/B copies. I put the extra copy up on the bay and got a bite at $99.00.

so, I got paid about $60 for my copy of TDAGARIM.

yes, I'm trying to rub it in. :-)

i got three of his listings. digitalisevil8. he has several ebay accounts and always flips records. unfortunately, he doesn't always list them properly, leaving out common search terms in the titles. this is also why his records well for cheap. that and he starts them at $1, which is always a bad idea.

one listing I won was for AFS blue/white swirl for $36ppd. what's even better is that he accidentally sent me a copy with two C/D lps. I contacted him and he asked for $36ppd and sent me another copy with two A/B copies. I put the extra copy up on the bay and got a bite at $99.00.

so, I got paid about $60 for my copy of TDAGARIM.

yes, I'm trying to rub it in. :-)

Haha, that's awesome. But mine came from a different user (or a duplicate account perhaps) - jankster8. Dude's got a ton of ridiculously priced stuff (ridiculously high, that is), and almost none of the listings contain common search terms.

Haha, that's awesome. But mine came from a different user (or a duplicate account perhaps) - jankster8. Dude's got a ton of ridiculously priced stuff (ridiculously high, that is), and almost none of the listings contain common search terms.

yep, that's the same guy. c janko! he's actually a cool dude, not sure if he is a member on here or not but he's helped me out with a lot of cool stuff.

haha you gave away another great secret. ;-)

LOL, are there actually people that are unaware on all these simple tactics? I've been using eBay since 97 or 98 and I feel that one would have to be pretty damn stupid to not know how to navigate the site.

LOL, are there actually people that are unaware on all these simple tactics? I've been using eBay since 97 or 98 and I feel that one would have to be pretty damn stupid to not know how to navigate the site.

you'd be quite surprised dude. if you need further proof of this, look at some of the recent completed listings for Code Orange Kids vinyl. a white LP sold for "buy it now" for $50. multiple other copies are up for less than a third of the price.

or, you could just order in from DW for $12 haha.

but seriously though, MANY people, i'd argue most, do not take the time to thoroughly search through listings to find the best deal.

#reasonswhylazylabradorexists

Haha I'm going to be that guy. The AFS pressing didn't come sealed :P