THE OFFICIAL EBAY CRAZINESS THREAD

If two people put in the amount they are willing to buy it for why does it matter when they put in the bid?

Example one: I did $20 the first day of the auction and someone else bids $25 the second day of the auction. No One else bids. The second person gets it for 20.50

Example two : I bid $20 with 2 seconds left. Someone else bids $25 with one second left. The second person wins the item for $20.50

Also if I am planning on selling a record soon I'll bid up copies that are currently being sold. 

DUDE!!!

I've always said that about this one..

It's not a "TEST PRESS" it's a silk screened cover variant cover out of /101!!!!

If two people put in the amount they are willing to buy it for why does it matter when they put in the bid?

Example one: I did $20 the first day of the auction and someone else bids $25 the second day of the auction. No One else bids. The second person gets it for 20.50

Example two : I bid $20 with 2 seconds left. Someone else bids $25 with one second left. The second person wins the item for $20.50

Also if I am planning on selling a record soon I'll bid up copies that are currently being sold. 

why would you want to pay the amount that you "are willing to buy it for?" no one wants to pay their max bid, right? which is why sniping is effective. it puts you right above the next highest bid, and gives no one a chance to respond.

I like your trick with bidding up other records though; I'm going to experiment with this.

I occasionally bid stuff up early if I know it's an item that will go for a lot regardless. Usually to about 80% of my max bid.  Cuts down watchers and thus give you less competition to be in a bidding war/sniped in the end. Have gotten some good deals this way, just as many as any other method in my experience.

I saw that too! I was watching it just to see and all of a sudden it increased by $900, then SOMEONE ELSE upped it another $10! They had to be in cahoots with the seller. No way do I believe this.

I'm the seller on this one.  The guy never paid.  It went from $76 to $985 in a split second.  I was pretty happy with the $76, but the guy had to do that for some reason.

I'm the seller on this one. The guy never paid. It went from $76 to $985 in a split second. I was pretty happy with the $76, but the guy had to do that for some reason.

What bullshit. Sorry for that. Can't you do a second chance offer for whoever bid the $76? Then they'll get what they wanted and you'll make some scratch?

I'm the seller on this one.  The guy never paid.  It went from $76 to $985 in a split second.  I was pretty happy with the $76, but the guy had to do that for some reason.

post the guy who won and never paid's username so people can block him from their auctions. if you don't want to name and shame publicly at least pm me his name so i can block him. hate dickheads that do shit like this.