THE OFFICIAL EBAY CRAZINESS THREAD

Wow - there must be some crazy speculation about how limited the color version of this 7" is. I know it sold out quickly and kind of came out of nowhere but that is an insane price since they've been doing 1000+ of most of there color releases as of late and the 7"s are typically found for $15-$30.

The price gets me, but even more that the dude doesn't even have it in hand yet and is already auctioning it off.

It was up for like 45 mins, buy it now.

Ugh. I'm on the West Coast, driving to work in the morning, no way I'd have a chance to even see that at 9am.

Super bummer.

Oh but look! You can get an overpriced signed one for $100!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THRICE-Beggars-LP-grey-wax-AUTOGRAPHED-BOOKLET-MINT-RARE-/350660450862?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item51a4fdda2e

I don't understand how the hell I missed this. It seems like I check everyday and still miss auctions like this.

Was it a buy it now that was up for 5 minutes? Makes no sense.

sort your results by "newly listed." search every hour or so and you will be amazed at some of the deals you will find.

lol this is crazy..if it's not someone jacking up the price.

Pat from Fat Wreck eluded to this guy not actually getting his copies. A bunch of dudes from the fatwreckwiki bid up his second auction of the same record to like $10,000 and he got all butthurt. So yeah, hoping he doesn't get them and has to refund the money, lol

Not sure yet, literally just got the approval last week. Trying to get the approval for a gatefold jacket with lyrics(officially released for the first time over than online). For the other releases I have done with warner bros, they were original high quality wav files which we got remastered for vinyl.

THANK YOU :-)

Look into Mr. Bungle's California too. The dubious-at-best audio quality of the release by Plain Records pains quite a few Pattonites. Not to mention the hilariously bad artwork and typos.

Oh and pressing the 74 minute Bungle debut on a single LP... fucking master stroke guys, to top it off leave a ridiculous amount of lead on the outside of the record too.

Oh and then include the silence on the already tight time available on the Disco Volante "reissue".

I figured you'd be in the mix for that. Alot of loot but who knows if you'll have another chance to snag it.

that's what has haunted me about this record... many of these have made it to a second owner who, like myself, would never sell it. i think this is the third one I've seen for sale this year and luckily it went up during a time that my job is offering unlimited overtime. I've sent higher offers to people on dead format and been turned down and my "highest bid" was actually much higher, so I am beyond thrilled.

edit: next stop, you fail me clear with broken cross! #pipedreams

double edit: I'd also like to add that I think one of the reasons why I got this at such a "good" price is due to the fact that the seller didn't include the terms "LP' or "vinyl" in the title. thus, if you searched for "converge lp" or "converge vinyl," this item wouldn't have been rendered in the search. I found it by searching "converge" and selecting the "records" option for sorting. I've found 3 copies of Brand New TDAG for under $35 this way, and also got a MTS press of Blink 182 S/T for $11ppd. oh and a Touche TTBOADH on white for $7ppd. tip for you all now that I have found my crown jewel. ;-)

Edited by amnstypls