THE OFFICIAL EBAY CRAZINESS THREAD

in my opinion post-rock is overrated

In my opinion, post-rock > 90% of the albums VC piddles themselves over.  You're inclined to disagree, by all means.  But let the record show that your vinyl collection is comprised of All-American Rejects, Blink-182, Fall Out Boy, Green Day, Limp Bizkit, and Yellowcard.  To name a few.

I remember when I was young and musically naïve.

I know I sound like an elitist asshole, and for that I apologize.  But at the end of the day, it's just my opinion... much like you have yours.  I personally find a lot of pop-punk to sound like a mundane, contrived, power-chord borefest with laughable lyrics... but I won't go around saying that the genre is overrated.  People like what they like.

In my opinion, post-rock > 90% of the albums VC piddles themselves over.  You're inclined to disagree, by all means.  But let the record show that your vinyl collection is comprised of All-American Rejects, Blink-182, Fall Out Boy, Green Day, Limp Bizkit, and Yellowcard.  To name a few.

I remember when I was young and musically naïve.

Dude, I like to listen to some post-rock bands, really! giaa or gy!be(I asked my old friend from Canada to buy me their album) these are good bands, who plays good music. I just can't imagine myself buying one of these bands records for $555+.

Pop-punk is shit music, yeah). But it gives me enegry and good mood, that's why I like it).

About my collection: most of the bands there, are bands, that I'd used to like 2-3 years ago before I started to collect Vinyl Records. I just want to hold on good memories ;) + I don't have much money to buy ALL the records I want in short period of time(like Fugazi/Blur/Shellac/RHCP).

Definitely agree that $500+ is absurd for a record, let alone a 7". Regardless of how awesome or generic said record may be.

I'm a firm believer in diversity -- I see nothing wrong with having a well-balanced collection that contains a bit of everything. (For better or worse.) I agree that sometimes you need a fun album that's brimming with energy and easy to sing along with. I personally don't turn to the bands you do for that fix, and that's not to say you're wrong for doing so. Different strokes for different folks and all that jazz.

Amen on not having much money to go hog-wild on all the records you fancy. I think a lot of us are in that boat, personally.

Definitely agree that $500+ is absurd for a record, let alone a 7".  Regardless of how awesome or generic said record may be.

I'm a firm believer in diversity -- I see nothing wrong with having a well-balanced collection that contains a bit of everything.  (For better or worst.)  I agree that sometimes you need a fun album that's brimming with energy and easy to sing along with.  I personally don't turn to the bands you do for that fix, and that's not to say you're wrong for doing so.  Different strokes for different folks and all that jazz.

Amen on not having much money to go hog-wild on all the records you fancy.  I think a lot of us are in that boat, personally.

Well said. Sorry for indirectly starting this post rock debate with that TWDY 7".

that's that dickhead theQC that posts here and defends his insane ebay prices by saying he uses his profit from flipping to buy more records. he's just a collector like us guys!

Guest deathbydrums

^^^

I liked this album for a short time when it first came out, haven't cared about it since.

More posting because I don't get the name calling in this thread... I'm pretty sure if most of us had these truly rare items we would want a pretty penny too. I know we're a community but I wouldn't be giving it to Bob because I like his avatar or John because he makes good jokes and liked one of my posts.

...though I might be tempted to give hot Betty a good deal if she's open to "local pickup", if ya know what I'm saying. ;)

^^^

I liked this album for a short time when it first came out, haven't cared about it since.

More posting because I don't get the name calling in this thread... I'm pretty sure if most of us had these truly rare items we would want a pretty penny too. I know we're a community but I wouldn't be giving it to Bob because I like his avatar or John because he makes good jokes and liked one of my posts.

...though I might be tempted to give hot Betty a good deal if she's open to "local pickup", if ya know what I'm saying. ;)

We do this all the time. And there's a difference between posting a high BIN and starting an auction at .99. With or without a reserve.

^^^

More posting because I don't get the name calling in this thread... I'm pretty sure if most of us had these truly rare items we would want a pretty penny too.

you missed theQC's thread, he deleted it. what set me off was a BIN for Daisy at $45 or some shit like that. Unnecessarily jacking up market value on common records, etc.... won't get into this again.

Dude, I like to listen to some post-rock bands, really! giaa or gy!be(I asked my old friend from Canada to buy me their album) these are good bands, who plays good music. I just can't imagine myself buying one of these bands records for $555+.

Notice how no one has actually bid on that overpriced record? People put ridiculous "buy it now" prices on all different genres and releases.

Ugh sorry but Bloodhound Gang is such shit music.

I think $900 for that test press for The Devil and God is actually quite reasonable, not that I can afford it. 

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&_trksid=p2047675.l2565&rt=nc&item=111038732260

I refused to believe the price on that..and look at the bids

either someone is really stupid, or someone is getting trolled

or both

I wonder if this is Derrick's copy. He threw his copy on eBay because "I know it's shitty but I want to cash in on the nostalgia."