THE OFFICIAL EBAY CRAZINESS THREAD

Yeah I picked my copy up a few months ago for $40. I'm the only one who bidded on it.

Marc, I just found this thread- http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/39835-jericho-discog-info-smoke-or-fire/page-2

Did that end up being pressed?

do you mean that collection on red scare? no it never came out, don't know why.

also i never got those cds haha.

I've never lived in a city that hosted a Super Bowl. Figured I would just look to see how much tickets cost, knowing I could never afford it. These are the most reasonable pair that I could come up with on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-SUPER-BOWL-XLVII-NEW-ORLEANS-SUPERDOME-2-3-2012-2-TICKETS-NO-RESERVE-/140899953095?pt=US_Tickets_all_in_one&hash=item20ce4aa9c7

I've never lived in a city that hosted a Super Bowl. Figured I would just look to see how much tickets cost, knowing I could never afford it. These are the most reasonable pair that I could come up with on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-SUPER-BOWL-XLVII-NEW-ORLEANS-SUPERDOME-2-3-2012-2-TICKETS-NO-RESERVE-/140899953095?pt=US_Tickets_all_in_one&hash=item20ce4aa9c7

I went last year. For fun my friend and I watched Stubhub the day before and the day of the game. By game time you could get a pair for below face value. My ticket was $700 purchased directly from the NY Giants and I don't think they get much cheaper than that. Expensive to begin with but too expensive for a scalper to eat so at some point demand will drop and prices will be low in the day leading up. The e-Ticket has destroyed the scalpers market for large events since consumers are catching on that they can chill until a few minutes before the event and get a bargain. 

I went last year. For fun my friend and I watched Stubhub the day before and the day of the game. By game time you could get a pair for below face value. My ticket was $700 purchased directly from the NY Giants and I don't think they get much cheaper than that. Expensive to begin with but too expensive for a scalper to eat so at some point demand will drop and prices will be low in the day leading up. The e-Ticket has destroyed the scalpers market for large events since consumers are catching on that they can chill until a few minutes before the event and get a bargain. 

Pardon my ignorance, but i've never used stubhub. if someone waits until just minutes until the game starts, and then purchases the tickets from the E-scalper, are they then provided with a phone # or something so they can call the scalper and arrange a meeting? also, i imagine it being a little difficult to find a stranger in a sea of people outside a football game.

I thought $700 was going to be a price for the worst seats. So far, haven't seen any. If I can justify charging it, might check out stub hub.

Pardon my ignorance, but i've never used stubhub. if someone waits until just minutes until the game starts, and then purchases the tickets from the E-scalper, are they then provided with a phone # or something so they can call the scalper and arrange a meeting? also, i imagine it being a little difficult to find a stranger in a sea of people outside a football game.

Stubhub isn't exactly scalping as it's sanctioned by all the major sporting leagues. When you submit a listing you have to put in the barcode if you are doing an eticket. The second you make the purchase the tickets and barcode are transferred to you. So you don't have to meet anyone. You open the ticket on your iphone and they can scan the barcode from there. Technology has it's uses.