OFFICIAL RSD13/Record Store Day Releases Thread (1st Post Updated)

What's up with that Misfits/Lemonheads Skulls 7"? Haven't looked, but I'm wondering who's even putting that out.

At this point, I'm almost looking forward to not buying much, if anything. Expecting a lot of good preorders/shows in the next few months. Would be nice to not blow all that cash on a handful of RSD stuff.

Good point. With all that I've bought/PO'd recently, maybe it's for the best that this RSD year sucks so far.

For those in Chicago, if you can head to the Numero pop-up store on RSD and pick me up one of these (whatever this mystery 10" will be), I'll get you any US or UK release you want (but you have to let me know what you want in advance).

http://numerogroup.wordpress.com/2013/03/01/the-worlds-ugliest-test-pressing/

I can try for you if I can still get to their pop-up store after I get done with my personal RSD shopping.  PM me.

Strictly Discs is listing Oval's Systemisch as an RSD release and if that's true I finally have a HOLY MOTHERFUICKING SHIT I GOTTA HAVE THAT release for this RSD.

EDIT: actually, I just found a second by checking the first post updates:

  *NEW*  Shearwater & Sharon Van Etten Stop Draggin My Heart Around b/w A Wake for the Minotaur 7" 3000 copies only

I'm curious if this is a recording of the AV Club Undercover performance (which is possibly my favorite thing of 2012) or a new recording. Either way it's gonna rule.

Speak for yourself.  I can easily find $500 worth of RSD items I would want.  I'm forced to pair down my list every single year due to budget.

Yeah, true. I shouldn't say it sucks in general, but I feel like I listen to A LOT of different bands in a good amount of genres, but there's literally not one thing announced yet that I would spend money on.

Yeah, true. I shouldn't say it sucks in general, but I feel like I listen to A LOT of different bands in a good amount of genres, but there's literally not one thing announced yet that I would spend money on.

If that's the case, its a bad case of horrible luck. Dont worry, I dont think the list is complete yet so you may find some gems still to be announced after all.

so how likely is anyone to help me out with picking stuff up? I stood in line for an hour outside the giant shop downtown Bellingham, WA and they never even got any Straylight, Mae, TBS, or Anberlin. I'm assuming a similar outing these year--people in my stupid hippie town don't listen to any good music.

what do you think? there's nothing I'm dying for yet, but i'm just looking for some VC love.

I'm up for helping, that stinks some shops don't get the good stuff. I'm located in Atlanta myself

Working on an update now....but here are some highlights (or lowlights depending on your taste)

* The MGMT release is a Cassette Single (!??!) of the song "Alien Days"

* NO ALTERNATIVE is being put on on VINYL for the 1st time ever!  180g 2LP, each numbered with tracks by Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, Soundgarden, Beastie Boys and more!!

* Walk the Moon will have a Tightrope 12" colored vinyl EP

* Cypress Hill Black Sunday is coming out on a 180g 2LP numbered edition.

Working on an update now....but here are some highlights (or lowlights depending on your taste)

* The MGMT release is a Cassette Single (!??!) of the song "Alien Days"

* NO ALTERNATIVE is being put on on VINYL for the 1st time ever!  180g 2LP, each numbered with tracks by Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, Soundgarden, Beastie Boys and more!!

* Walk the Moon will have a Tightrope 12" colored vinyl EP

* Cypress Hill Black

Sunday is coming out on a 180g 2LP numbered edition.

Too bad the MGMT is on cassette. Either tapes really stink or Ive got a crappy tape player, my guess is a little bit of both.

THE HOLD STEADY ANNOUNCE RECORD STORE DAY 7”

TEAM WITH ‘GAME OF THRONES’ FOR SEASON THREE SONG

**  hi-res cover art: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1555382/holdsteady_bear.jpg

(March 5, 2013) - On April 20, 2013The Hold Steady will release a limited-edition 7” in celebration of Record Store Day. The 7” features two exclusive unreleased tracks: “Criminal Fingers” and “The Bear and The Maiden Fair,” with a limited run of only 1500 copies.  

“The Bear and The Maiden Fair” was recorded specfically for an upcoming episode of HBO’s universally acclaimed fantasy series, 'Game of Thrones.'

The show’s creators, David Benioff and D.B. Weiss, approached The Hold Steady to record the song - with lyrics taken directly from author George R. R. Martin’s novels. Entertainment Weekly exclusively revealed the details today, including the following quote from the creators:

As with the National, we went after one of our favorite bands and were happily surprised when they agreed to do it,” said showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss. “This is one of the most popular songs in Westeros, beloved by nobles and commoners alike, sung at taverns and feasts and etc. We wanted our rendition to be bawdy and a little sloppy — drunken musicians getting up on the table and jamming while the rowdy party continues around them. There was no one better for the job than the Hold Steady, and the song they delivered has been stuck in our heads for the last four weeks.”

It was a great fit,” says The Hold Steady’s guitarist Tad Kubler. “An episode of Game of Thrones is not unlike many of the early Hold Steady tours: almost everyone was drunk and there was always a strong possibility for bloodshed at any moment. We were ecstatic to get the call from Dan and David and we hope we get to work with them again."

The Hold Steady is entering the studio soon to start recording their new album with plans for a release later this year.

Strictly Discs is listing Oval's Systemisch as an RSD release and if that's true I finally have a HOLY MOTHERFUICKING SHIT I GOTTA HAVE THAT release for this RSD.

EDIT: actually, I just found a second by checking the first post updates:

  *NEW*  Shearwater & Sharon Van Etten Stop Draggin My Heart Around b/w A Wake for the Minotaur 7" 3000 copies only

I'm curious if this is a recording of the AV Club Undercover performance (which is possibly my favorite thing of 2012) or a new recording. Either way it's gonna rule.

There are 2 Oval LPs being released for RSD.....

For those interested in the Dust Lps, they are being sold as 1 package together in a Gatefold Lp set.....you will not be able to get these separately.

Original post is updated now....we are at 285 releases

Yes, was on my Saturday update and has the following additional info not in the interview (tracklisting and the fact that 2 different sleeves will be released for it on RSD):

          *NEW*  Grouplove/Frightened Rabbit/Manchester Orchestra Make It To Me (Grouplove & Manchester Orchestra) b/w Architect (Frightened Rabbit & Manchester Orchestra) limited 12" with TWO DIFFERENT COVERS

Guest tms2787

What I'm interested in, so far, bold are ones I have to get:

Mumford & Sons Live at Bull Moose 10", CD

Say Anything/Eisley Try To Remember, Forget (Acoustic) b/w Lost and Found (acoustic) 7" clear vinyl

SOUTH PARK  San Diego b/w Gay Fish 7' picture disc featuring 2 songs from the TV show (2000 copies)

Tegan & Sara Closer Remixes LP (5000 copies)

Bayside Live at the Bayside Social Club 2LP reissue  900 copies on white vinyl (1st time on vinyl, also includes acoustic tracks recorded at Looney Tunes Record Store)

Between the Buried and Me Anatomy Of 2LP 900 copies on orange vinyl (1st time on vinyl)

Linkin Park Hybrid Theory  Colored Vinyl LP with poster and bonus 10" of the "One Step Closer" single---3000 copies)

Counting Crows August and Everything After LP

Grouplove/Frightened Rabbit/Manchester OrchestraMake It To Me (Grouplove & Manchester Orchestra) b/w Architect (Frightened Rabbit & Manchester Orchestra) limited 12" with TWO DIFFERENT COVERS

Between the Buried and Me Parallax I & II Colored vinyl box set (Blue/Pink/White Splatter vinyl) 1000 copies only