CONFESSIONS

My best friend came out to me when we were 18. (We have been friends since we were 6). I remember I was the first one he told, and he was terrified. I had known he was gay for years, but I never pushed him to tell me. We grew up in a very country/redneck small town. He got shit on all throughout elementary and high school for being feminine, a 'fag' and ect. He even had a girlfriend for a while as a cover-up. After he told his parents he was gay, they showed no support and ended up getting divorced about a year later. His dad cut all ties with him and he has a strained relationship with his mom. I know it's horrible, but sometimes being blood related to a person doesn't make them your family. I think life will be a lot different for you once you move out (you still live with your parents right?)

been catching up on this thread, and this is 100% the truth

I'm apparently the only gay girl on here that came out to my mom and had to have the uncomfortable talk about dental dams.

My dad knows but it's unspoken. He knows I'm dating a girl. We've just never had that "I'm gay" talk.

oh

my god i would have melted into the floorboards if my mother had tried

to have that talk with me, and i got secondhand embarrassed just reading

this ha

don't think i wasn't aware of this, but there is far more to my hatred of these man-boy-girl-scream bands than i could ever feel toward manson

I was just referencing that Manson's music is about being yourself yet you take your time insulting others for being themselves. Don't get me wrong, I am not a person who feels I need constant screaming and wanna head bang until my brain is smushed. I just really like their music.

Also: tumblr_mhpt1jz2uQ1rnplzpo1_500.gif

Edit: That isn't mean't to come off wrong, I respect that you have your opinion, I just think you should realize this band stands for more then just some screaming over guitars.

that's the thing, i don't think they are being themselves at all, there is zero originality in both their look and their sound

manson isn't anything original by any means, but i don't find it at all horrible. i'm more so indifferent. not to mention they aren't really heavy.. well at least by my standards of what heavy is. (No, not pantera or sabbath, or whatever other radio metal band you jerks are thinking of).

that's the thing, i don't think they are being themselves at all, there is zero originality in both their look and their sound

There's seriously no one that's "themselves" when talking about sound and look. With any band out there you can say they're mimics of three of the bands that inspired them when really it's all the music and looks they liked mixed into one with a tiny bit of change.