CONFESSIONS

I mean, cut the kid some slack.  I've been there.  I was bullied relentlessly in high school and went through so much shit.  Seriously, high school was the worst time in my life.  Kids can be dicks to each other.

Try to cheer up, Eric!  Things'll get better once you get into college, loose that baby fat and start getting laid.  At least they did for me.

Dude, I know there isn't supposed to be judgement in this thread, but you're 15!  You don't pay rent, you've never been through a devastating relationship, you're barely old enough to work fast food.  Unless you come back with some sort of "my uncle was killed as I watched and now I seek vengeance throughout the night" kinda back story, I just can't take anything you say seriously.  

I'm sorry, I know I'm only saying what everyone else is thinking. 

I had something similar typed out, with a lot more swearing and bashing, but decided not to post it. So yes, stop bitching about being a bitch Eric, you have a dick and balls, act like it.

Dude, I know there isn't supposed to be judgement in this thread, but you're 15!  You don't pay rent, you've never been through a devastating relationship, you're barely old enough to work fast food.  Unless you come back with some sort of "my uncle was killed as I watched and now I seek vengeance throughout the night" kinda back story, I just can't take anything you say seriously.  

seriously, I was thinking 'what horrifying events has teenageeric experienced that made him this way.' I've been through shit, we've all been through shit. but I still wake up with a smile on my face because life is so much sweeter as an independent adult than it was when I was a little teenage asshole.

To be fair I had a fair share of shit happen to me by time I was 15, but sitting at home bored wasn't one of them. Not saying TeenageEric should divulge his darkest secrets but I do feel some of his comparatively trivial posts are meant to evoke pity which is not forthcoming.

get a gym membership. gain some confidence. put that towards meeting friends.

until then, just accept the fact that the only expectations you should have for life are waking up for school, paying attention about half the time, and then maybe doing your homework. yeah, it fucking sucks, but we all got through it. 

i had basically one friend when i was your age. and i was "secretly" in love with her.

now i spend every single weekend with upwards of 5-20 different people. you just have to deal with the bullshit. FOR NOW.

THIS

Eric--Here's some advice...and I'm being 100% real.

We all get it. You think the world is against you, you don't believe in love, you're depressed, etc. WE ALL GET IT. You don't need to point it out in the majority of your posts in this thread. I'm pretty sure you're reading everyone's responses but the one thing you truly need to understand is that you are only 15 and you really don't understand what real stress/responsibility is.

It rubs a lot of us the wrong way. The majority of us all have real jobs/kids/relationships/etc that we have to worry about outside of this message board. None of us like to get on here and seeing this 15 year old kid CONSTANTLY talk about he is unhappy, will never be in love, blah blah blah. One day, all this will click with you and you'll be embarrassed that you wrote all this shit. About a year ago, I was looking through my old livejournal and Xanga accounts and reading some of the stuff I wrote when I was younger and it is downright laughable and I'm not afraid to admit that. I wish I had floods of people telling me to chill the fuck out with that shit when I was that age.

Please stop begging for attention with your endless floods of posts about the exact same thing

Confession: when I was Eric's age, my dad shot himself in the head five minutes after I refused to take a phone call from him because I hated him for leaving my mom.  At no point in time did I bitch about the world being against me.  I get that you may be depressed Eric, and I truly feel for you if that is the case, but you really need to take some positive steps toward the issue, like somebody else posted, therapy is a great outlet for all that negativity you may feel.  But when it all comes down to it, it just sounds like you're complaining over the same things every other 15 year old complains about.  Do what most of else here did, buy a Nirvana record, lock your door, and turn that shit up loud. 

I'm sorry I was just trying to vent some feelings, Though I guess this isn't really the right place for it so I'm sorry for such being a Debby Downer. I'll tell a happy/cute story to cheer you up

When I was like 8 I though sex was kissing naked so once I got out of the shower and kissed my dog on the head. I then ran crying to my mom about how I had sex with the dog.

I'm sorry I was just trying to vent some feelings, Though I guess this isn't really the right place for it so I'm sorry for such being a Debby Downer. I'll tell a happy/cute story to cheer you up

When I was like 8 I though sex was kissing naked so once I got out of the shower and kissed my dog on the head. I then ran crying to my mom about how I had sex with the dog.

Hahaha, this is a confession. 

TeenageEric,

It has been touched upon before in this thread but in reality you should probably just swallow your pride and talk to a professional.  I'll say that everyone person here has their own insecurities and either we work our way through it on our own or we find someone or something to help us.  From the sound of it you could use the help of someone trained at dealing with the issue that you've brought up.

I don't want to sit here and diminish what you're feeling, because I'm not you.  I know how annoying it can get when you tell someone about some of your issues and their response is just "yeah well everyone deals with it."  I've dealt with that when I've tried telling a couple of real life friends about how crippling my social anxiety is.  I brought it up not because I want sympathy from them, I just wanted understanding.  For me to go out to a bar and have a drink it takes me a few hours to build up the nerve to do it, and typically I have to drive around the block a few times to build up the nerve.

Now again, I'm not trying to diminish what you're going through.  I am saying that you seem like a nice guy with a lot of issues and I am encouraging you to try and find someone in your real life you can share with.  Whether it be a professional psychologist, a trusted family member or a friend.  We on the board can offer a bit of moral support but nothing that someone who sees you on a daily or weekly basis in real life can provide.

I just laughed so hard at this deaf people were irritated.  

Don't get us wrong here Eric, everyone here does care about things going on in your life.  It just seems like you may be taking the little things a bit too seriously without realizing "hey, it's just life".  Perk up buttercup. 

THIS

Eric--Here's some advice...and I'm being 100% real.

We all get it. You think the world is against you, you don't believe in love, you're depressed, etc. WE ALL GET IT. You don't need to point it out in the majority of your posts in this thread. I'm pretty sure you're reading everyone's responses but the one thing you truly need to understand is that you are only 15 and you really don't understand what real stress/responsibility is.

It rubs a lot of us the wrong way. The majority of us all have real jobs/kids/relationships/etc that we have to worry about outside of this message board. None of us like to get on here and seeing this 15 year old kid CONSTANTLY talk about he is unhappy, will never be in love, blah blah blah. One day, all this will click with you and you'll be embarrassed that you wrote all this shit. About a year ago, I was looking through my old livejournal and Xanga accounts and reading some of the stuff I wrote when I was younger and it is downright laughable and I'm not afraid to admit that. I wish I had floods of people telling me to chill the fuck out with that shit when I was that age.

Please stop begging for attention with your endless floods of posts about the exact same thing

I don't think we're approaching this the right way, I mean I was like Eric at that time in my life and I definatley didn't want to hear what we're all telling him.  I think what Eric needs to know is that not al the BLAH BLAH BLAH RESPONSIBILITIES shit, cause I'm sure he knows that.  What I feel like he needs to know is that things truly will get better, high school can be a really shitty time and for me, it was %100 the worst time in my life.  After I left for college things got way better for me.  And I delt with the resposibilities as they came to me.  I can say that even though I have more to be stressed about now, I'm way better off than I was in high school.

So Eric, what I'm trying to say is, just try to remember that things get better.  You will find love, you will be happy, even if it's just temporary happiness.  That's what we all live for, is that temporary happiness.  Just try and take the bullshit with a grain of salt and not take life so seriously. 

Also, here's a confession of my own:  I wanted to kill myself as a teenager in high school.  This song kept me from doing it, and I still cry pretty much every time I hear it.

Eric - you are asking the advice of a board full of mostly adults. I'm 35, close to 36. I could be your Dad but I'm not. I've dealt with depression for most of my life and have lived a very productive one. You are obviously seeking the advice and comfort of people you feel a musical kinship to so here is the only advice I have: If you are as depressed all the time as you say then you need to talk to your parents, a school counselor or contact one of they myriad organizations that help kids in your position. You don't strike me as suicidal but depression is going to make you miss a lot of the best years your life has to offer. So seek out a therapist. In all likelihood you will be feeling better in a matter of a couple of months. There is no other advice that I as an anonymous adult on the internet can offer. I want you to have the adventures that I had at your age through the present day so go get some help. 

Also, here's a confession of my own:  I wanted to kill myself as a teenager in high school.  This song kept me from doing it, and I still cry pretty much every time I hear it.

This is also how I felt. Except for me it was the album ...Is A Real Boy by Say Anything. I'm in grad school to become a psychologist now because of that experience and I couldn't be happier.

Up until about a month ago, I was pretty sure I was going to hang myself, and yet I'm still here. Things get better, eric. Just don't think that way. Go out and do what makes you happy and don't worry about what others think. I spent most of my teenage years being sad and not enjoying my youth (and I regret it because I was also whiny as hell and pathetic). It's all on you to realize the worth of your own life and only you can change things. It takes a long time to find some peace within yourself and figure out why you're even fucking here sometimes.