CONFESSIONS

i don't get it. i'm handsome. i can dance like a motherfucker. why is it that when i apply these two together that girls don't seem to want anything to do with it?

truth. I don’t have a ton of single friends left, but my roomate is single and actively looking for a man... anyway, she will actually look away and avoid eye contact if she sees a cute guy. it works 0% of the time.

truth. I don’t have a ton of single friends left, but my roomate is single and actively looking for a man... anyway, she will actually look away and avoid eye contact if she sees a cute guy. it works 0% of the time.

No eye contact, no chance. Does she realize that will get her absolutely nowhere?

Make eye contact and bee the first to say hello. That's how I was raised. That does present problems with the ladys (mostly the younger and/or attractive ones). I do get why they avoid it for the most part. Men are pigs. A lil attention and theyll be hounded for sure. But a guy like me (married and two kids) im just being friendly. I wouldnt have the time or energy for another woman. I always get a visual of A. Silverstone from Clueless saying 'As If' whenever i'm denied a smile or greeting. It is the best feeling in the world when a woman returns a smile though. Whatever the intentions.

I enjoy people watching but I must bee careful that it doesn't turn into creepy staring. Its a fine line!

I think people that don't make eye contact are creepy. Look someone in the eye when you talk to them. Maybe smile, even.

i'm awful at it. i'm just so much more comfortable watching someone's mouth when they're speaking.

and when i do make eye contact, i feel like that person can sense how hard i'm struggling to maintain.

i'm awful at it. i'm just so much more comfortable watching someone's mouth when they're speaking.

and when i do make eye contact, i feel like that person can sense how hard i'm struggling to maintain.

This is me.  I have trouble hearing so I actually look at lips to help myself stay with a conversation.  I can't full on read lips, but it helps me to pick out words I missed.

I disagree based on experience. 

I have no shortage of self confidence in my work. I also have hearing issues and if there is background noise, which is often, I direct my ears towards the speaker then turn to talk to them. You want my creative? Well, don't be a weak pansy and take offense to me not staring you in the eye 100% of the time. I'm fairly successful, landed four new projects in the past two months that I've fully pitched and negotiated. Let's at least leave room for exceptions instead of speaking absolutes. 

Also, when will dudes learn that crushing someones hand in a handshake doesn't make you look strong as opposed to an asshole. Yes, firm is good, show you want to be there but there is no need to hurt people in some macho display.