CONFESSIONS

My wife and I are 2.5 years apart. Some days, that feels like nothing at all. Other days, I'm left wondering, "How old are you, exactly?" Small stuff like not picking up after herself, leaving her dirty dishes in the sink for days, etc. -- this shit happens. (And I'm sure she's on the CD Collective board right now bitching about me doing the same stuff, too.) Social graces come with time, hopefully.

My wife and I are 2.5 years apart. Some days, that feels like nothing at all. Other days, I'm left wondering, "How old are you, exactly?" Small stuff like not picking up after herself, leaving her dirty dishes in the sink for days, etc. -- this shit happens. (And I'm sure she's on the CD Collective board right now bitching about me doing the same stuff, too.) Social graces come with time, hopefully.

this is what I needed....thanks man. my lady is the same way. sometimes my eyes just pop out of my head when she says/does things....

and just to throw this out there....she hasn't seen billy madison..hahaha.

I've got some bad news about dishes. Everyone I know that is a bit messy sort of stayed that way.

yea, dishes are fine, no one likes doing dishes. but like, if you are done using them AT LEAST PUT THEM IN THE SINK. I dont mind doing the big cleaning. Im home all day so it would be shitty of me not to. but at least pick up that damn yogurt cup that has been sitting there forever. you should see my car (we share one) you cant even see the floor in the back seat..ugh, it kills me. haha

yea, dishes are fine, no one likes doing dishes. but like, if you are done using them AT LEAST PUT THEM IN THE SINK. I dont mind doing the big cleaning. Im home all day so it would be shitty of me not to. but at least pick up that damn yogurt cup that has been sitting there forever. you should see my car (we share one) you cant even see the floor in the back seat..ugh, it kills me. haha

My old roomate never touched a dish before I moved in. After a bunch of passive aggressive prodding (leaving notes, "hey man will these be here ALL day??,") I sat down with him and laid down the law. I came off like a total asshole but whatever. I hated coming home after an 8 hour day to a dude who didn't have a job sitting on the couch and a kitchen counter covered in dirty dishes. Wasn't about that.

Some advice about the car.. My gf got me a little wastebasket from target and just put in on the floor in the backseat because my car was always littered with crumpled up receipts and the like. It really helps whenever there's trash to just throw it in the basket instead of the floor. Then it just comes down to emptying once every couple weeks or so. I recommend it for everyone!

The dishes thing. Just rinse them put them in the dishwasher at least, right? both the girls I live with now just set them in the sink and let food cement on them. I hate it.

You gotta lose that weight Moo. You'll feel better and be way happier!

I know you probably know that, but do it.

i need help very bad, and soon, I just can't stop eating no matter what I tell myself. It's destroyed everything in my life. My knees, my ankles, and back hurt a lot. I am getting pretty scared lately.

@moo, and what's up with the Ty boos? I can see collecting Narutu stuff, but boos?

And one more thing. I'm going to be very serious with you. I am an ICU nurse and I see people die every day. In MANY of the cases, the reason they die (heart failure, diabetes related illness, heart attack, stroke, liver failure, kidney failure) is related in some way to weight and/or eating/exercise habits. 

You HAVE to stop overeating and you MUST lose weight or you will die. o sugar coating it. You're scared because your body is telling you something is wrong. I don't know how much you weigh, but if it's enough to post it in a confession forum, it's enough to worry about. 

I know it's easier said than done, but you need to start eating better and and eating less. Eat foods that fill you up. The issue here is not that you're hungry, it's that you're unhappy with yourself. You need to find something that makes you happy. Often times, a little while into a diet change (not a diet, but a change in how you eat), and the start of an exercise plan, you will lose quick weight. That is often the motivation you need to feel better enough to make positive changes. 

Look at instagram user @kennashell. She lost 95lbs and is now gorgeous. But it took a few years and HARD work. But she is truly happy now. And you better believe she's getting laid (which will also dramatically improve your level of happiness). 

I you need some help formulating a plan, please pm me. I'm worried about you. 

So I love my fiancee, dont get me wrong she's my best friend, great sex life and all that jazz. But i've noticed recently that she is becoming less and less of an adult and like, regressing back in to a 13 year old  kid. she works a normal 40 hours a week, and i work from home so im in charge of most of the cleaning and taking care of the house, which is perfectly ok with me...makes her life easier and keeps us both happy.  Any way, whenever she is home, ive notice she cant do ANYTHING for herself its gotten way beyond the standard "oh honey, can you do this for me real quick" type of stuff. a perfect example was, I was sitting on the couch watching a movie and she was making herself food and she looks at me and says " I forgot to flush the toilet, can you do it for me?" of course, as an adult i just say "no, you go flush your own shit" and i laughed a bit because I thought she was kidding, and she actually got upset with me (and still didn't flush the toilet) so that was a nice surprise 2 hours later. We also got a dog about a year ago (which I was originally against) and I love the little guy but part of the deal was, when we got him, it was a joint effort to take care of him. in the last 6 months she's probably walked him like 3 times, never feeds him ( i do, don't worry he DOES get fed) and maybe has changed his water dish 4-5 times. little dude is on a schedule, so if I DO ask her to walk him i usually get a "yea, in like 5 minutes" and then about 30 pass and i ask again and i get yelled at as if i just asked 20 seconds prior.  so i end up getting so frustrated i just do everything myself. 

another thing was, i stopped in at one of my favorite record store thats located in this lot with a bunch of cats that just kind of live in said lot. All the workers take turns taking care and feeding these cats, so they are all healthy and spayed they just happen to live outside in this little lot of stores. so I was checking out and my lady comes in while I'm talking to one of the clerks that works there, a person whom I chat with on a regular basis. My lady proceeds to sort of interrupt us and go "all those cats outside are fucking gross" the conversation immediately stops and the clerk just shoots me (and her) this look kind of like, hey fuck you, we all love those guys. 

so on the way back to the car i try to explain to my lady that you cant just say whatever you want, because lets face it, you never know who you are going to piss off or offend. this statement naturally turned in to her being like "I can say whatever I want" and "you made me feel like a jerk" blah blah.

basically what im saying is, she lived a fairly sheltered youth and her mom didn't teach her much in the way of social skills and its REALLY starting to show. and no matter how much I try to teach her in the nicest way possible she gets INSANELY defensive and just starts throwing insults at me, or telling me things that I did wrong like 4 months ago that she just held inside. 

its not that I don't want to marry her, because she's a wonderful person but on those occasions like the ones i explain, it just boggles my mind that a person can know so little about how to conduct themselves as a grown adult.

Im also pretty sure I can NEVER go back to that record shop.

not much in the way of a confession but it needed to be said. 

you probably should flush the toilet for her 

So the food stamp program kinda bugs me. It should be limited to the four food groups. Pretty much anything from the middle aisles (processed/frozen/sugary crap) should be exempt. They should be given the basics but not cart loads of crap. Im I wrong here? It should be noted I delever to stores for my job so I see this everyday. It might be taking a toll on me. It pays to be poor in this country just not sure why I bust my ass.

So the food stamp program kinda bugs me. It should be limited to the four food groups. Pretty much anything from the middle aisles (processed/frozen/sugary crap) should be exempt. They should be given the basics but not cart loads of crap. Im I wrong here? It should be noted I delever to stores for my job so I see this everyday. It might be taking a toll on me. It pays to be poor in this country just not sure why I bust my ass.

I think any working class person would be upset by seeing this.  

^jt.....How so mate? Im a working class stiff and im not upset. Not trying to start a class warfare. Its just an observation after a long week that's all. And for the record if someone wants to buy me steak,pototoes,fruit and milk and says I have to buy my own ice cream and chips I think that's a pretty good deal. I think the corporate food industry would have a problem with it for sure.

^jt.....How so mate? Im a working class stiff and im not upset. Not trying to start a class warfare. Its just an observation after a long week that's all. And for the record if someone wants to buy me steak,pototoes,fruit and milk and says I have to buy my own ice cream and chips I think that's a pretty good deal. I think the corporate food industry would have a problem with it for sure.

I must have come off wrong in my post.  I agree w/ your observation that you should be limited to essentials, of which I don't consider Oreo's, etc. essential.