CONFESSIONS

Skateboarding? Expensive? You must be dumb. You collect records. That is more expensive in the long wrong unless you're going through decks like crazy. "No car no job." Jesus Christ you're a lazy fucker. How the fuck do you ever plan on buying a car then? Get off your ass and find a fucking job. You're 16 years old.

Im sorry, I couldn't take it.

The lines of excuses really don't make any logical sense.

Hell, I spent $180 of my savings account on a bike when I was 16 back in 2001 'cause I couldn't afford a car yet but wanted to bone some blonde hottie who lived 3 miles away. Lets be real: who wants to walk the entire way like a sucker? She even let me put it in her garage before getting her naked.

When I was 17 and graduating High School I used the same bike to ride to school, then work and sell shoes at Sears 5 days a week (which gave comission and overtime) to get that skrilla!! The most amazing thing is that this kind of stuff wasn't even a second thought for me, it was a means to get what I wanted!

Hard times for the new gen, apparently.

Teenage Eric seems to have an excuse for everything. I grew up in the suburbs and when I was 16 I would walk a mile and wait an hour at the bus stop for the only bus that came through my neighborhood to get to my first job at some crappy hole-in-the-wall batting cage. Most of the time the bus just wouldn't show up. The whole experience was miserable. But every two weeks when I would take my measly check to Amoeba to buy some records and DVDs, it was all made worth it with a fantastic feeling of self-satisfaction.

Point being, you either make shit happen or you don't.

this.... i rode my bike to my first job at 14 (serving old people at an assisted  living community)......my second job was at the only arcade in our town... sucked ass. too far to ride a bike, so when my parents couldn't drive me i walked to the only bus stop within a 5 mile radius and took the bus to work. luckily at 16 i received a hand me down ride.. 1995 dodge intrepid...man i fucking loved that thing.

ive posted in this thread a bunch, but heres my first confession: i just turned 21 a few days ago, and believe me, this aint my first rodeo with alcohol, cause ive been drinking since i was like 17, but i drank waaaaayyy too much tonight, and made an embarrasment out of myself too. i think it might be good it happened though, cause its made me make a lot of realizations, and that will probably be my last time drinking, at least for the foreseeable future. blegh.