Joyful Noise Records Appreciation Thread (VIP,FLEXI,AWESOME)

Thanks guys! Maybe my email will speed it up a little :) Is the VIP how you get the free cassette samplers? I'm really just interested the in the ones with WHY?

The Cassette sold out...I didn't get to one in time. They will probably put something else up eventually. Who knows. 

Guest deleted

Announcing: HEW TIME!

(all-drum supergroup, feat. Dale Crover, Joe Plummer & Coady Willis)

Greetings VIPs! We're pleased to introduce you to Hew Time: a new all-drumming project from Dale Crover, Joe Plummer, and Coady Willis. You may know these dudes from their amazing other bands: Melvins, Modest Mouse, Big Business, The Black Heart Procession, The Shins, Murder City Devils, and... who are we forgetting... oh yes, Nirvana.

Here is how Joe Plummer describes this crazy project:

I heard Max Roach’s M’Boom 14 years ago and I’ve wanted to make my own version with drummers I love ever since. Dale, Coady and I carved out our own compositions built from a combination of drum kits and dozens of percussion instruments. I couldn’t be prouder of the end result. Thank you for the inspiration Mr. Max Roach. It’s Hew Time! – Joe Plummer

The self-titled album is released March 25th on vinyl & digital. The first (and possibly only) vinyl pressing is limited to 500 hand-numbered copies on Gold & Black "A-side/B-side" vinyl.

Announcing: HEW TIME!

(all-drum supergroup, feat. Dale Crover, Joe Plummer & Coady Willis)

Greetings VIPs! We're pleased to introduce you to Hew Time: a new all-drumming project from Dale Crover, Joe Plummer, and Coady Willis. You may know these dudes from their amazing other bands: Melvins, Modest Mouse, Big Business, The Black Heart Procession, The Shins, Murder City Devils, and... who are we forgetting... oh yes, Nirvana.

Here is how Joe Plummer describes this crazy project:

I heard Max Roach’s M’Boom 14 years ago and I’ve wanted to make my own version with drummers I love ever since. Dale, Coady and I carved out our own compositions built from a combination of drum kits and dozens of percussion instruments. I couldn’t be prouder of the end result. Thank you for the inspiration Mr. Max Roach. It’s Hew Time! – Joe Plummer

The self-titled album is released March 25th on vinyl & digital. The first (and possibly only) vinyl pressing is limited to 500 hand-numbered copies on Gold & Black "A-side/B-side" vinyl.

Anywhere we can hear this yet?

Guest deleted

Haven't heard this but figure it'll be similar Crover to the Flying Traps comp or Drumb 7"... but even better.

Also, if you like this you may want to grab the still-in-print Weiss/Cameron/Hill record on Jackpot, "Drumgasm".