Joyful Noise Records Appreciation Thread (VIP,FLEXI,AWESOME)

Don't do that! Just one more month and it will be a Sufjan Christmas flexi, ie. the best.

I'll check it out. I have never actually listened to him and was mostly in it for a few specific flexis but I might as well give it a listen.

I'll check it out. I have never actually listened to him and was mostly in it for a few specific flexis but I might as well give it a listen.

you should check out Seven Swans for a slower prettier acoustic LP and Michigan and Illinoise! for some more upbeat stuff!!

he's great.

Yeah, I'm passing.

I really regret not getting the limited Yow and limited Sebadoh Secret EP (if anyone wants to part with these I'm interested, BTW) but 80 bucks is a lot to drop for a coffee table book that will no doubt contain at the bare minimum one David Yow penis.

Not up yet, but heads-up on a future release - not sure when it's going up or what the VIP will be:

Tim Kinsella Sings The Songs of Marvin Tate By Leroy Bach Featuring Angel Olsen

Featuring an array of Chicago heavyweights, this limited edition release is not your average solo album. As the album title suggests, this is a uniquely collaborative effort from a diverse group of individuals: prolific poet Marvin Tate, multi-instrumentalist (& longtime Wilco member) LeRoy Bach, Angel Olsen (Jagjaguwar Records), and Tim Kinsella (the eccentric voice behind Joan of Arc, Cap'n Jazz, Owls, & Make Believe).

Wasn't a big fan of Yow's solo album. I wish I could rationalize the cost of this JL book and 7" though. I'm just not big on music books. If it was like Brian Cook's proposed book about Daughters, I'd be more into it. Hopefully us VIPeople will get a download to the 7" demos at least.

Wasn't a big fan of Yow's solo album. I wish I could rationalize the cost of this JL book and 7" though. I'm just not big on music books. If it was like Brian Cook's proposed book about Daughters, I'd be more into it. Hopefully us VIPeople will get a download to the 7" demos at least.

Sadly, I don't think we'll get a download of it.

'A 7" record, with a sleeve signed by all four original members of the Jesus Lizard, featuring two previously unreleased Jesus Lizard demos ("Elegy" and "Fly on the Wall" from the 1994 John Loder sessions). The 7" is *exclusive* to the book preorder and will not be made available for sale anywhere else. No digital, etc. (Note that the 7" and sleeve will be bound inside of the book.)'

Is it the more limited color?

Are you looking to get more money due to it being autographed?

Is it sealed or just unplayed?

Its the regular LP. it's sealed. no i'm not looking to get more money because it's autographed. he signed some of them when he was visiting COOP87 and that's my local shop.