Joyful Noise Records Appreciation Thread (VIP,FLEXI,AWESOME)

Wish I lived stateside. I bought the VIP sub last year, and got a t-shirt for my $50. No freebies or anything. Kinda understandable really, due to the monstrous shipping down to me, and I couldn't take much advantage of the preorder exclusives, again, coz of the shipping, which always cost much more than the record itself (but never way over the top of actual shipping prices or anything). Never got any of the test presses either coz of time zone situation, they were always sold out by the time I got the emails. I harbour absolutely no ill-feeling towards JNR though; the shipping costs totally kill it for international subscribers. So yeah, unfortunately no sign up for me for this year.

So what is the deal with the low shipping cost to add to another shipment deal?
I've got like 7-8 releases pre-ordered and I'm afraid that I might not get any of it until the latest one ships (at this point the Son Lux 12") and I'd hate to wait until late May to get that, Yip Deceiver, Hi Red Center, Sisyphus, Kishi Bashi, Son Lux Lathe, Why? Lathe and whatever else I'm forgetting!

Guest deleted

So what is the deal with the low shipping cost to add to another shipment deal?

I've got like 7-8 releases pre-ordered and I'm afraid that I might not get any of it until the latest one ships (at this point the Son Lux 12") and I'd hate to wait until late May to get that, Yip Deceiver, Hi Red Center, Sisyphus, Kishi Bashi, Son Lux Lathe, Why? Lathe and whatever else I'm forgetting!

Yeah, if you're combining shipping it means you are waiting for the item with the latest release date to get all of your items.

Yeah, if you're combining shipping it means you are waiting for the item with the latest release date to get all of your items.

Damn... so in theory, at this rate if I keep this up, my children will receive a ginormous package from JNR shortly after my passing.

Just snagged the new free monthly VIP item, a cassette for Here We Go Magic's album "A Different Ship"... only 32 cents to combine with my previous orders!

And the email announced Kishi Bashi's new album to be up for PO in the next two weeks. NEED to jump on the VIP for that bad boy. I might have to order with separate shipping though, I can't keep prolonging getting all these awesome records in the mail by combining shipping. 

Just snagged the new free monthly VIP item, a cassette for Here We Go Magic's album "A Different Ship"... only 32 cents to combine with my previous orders!

And the email announced Kishi Bashi's new album to be up for PO in the next two weeks. NEED to jump on the VIP for that bad boy. I might have to order with separate shipping though, I can't keep prolonging getting all these awesome records in the mail by combining shipping. 

Can't wait for this. I hope they do some type of splatter like they did for the Philosophize 7"

I didn't get the Son Lux VIP thing because, while I think Son Lux is good, it's such a short remix EP... I don't think it'd ever get actual play time on my turntable..

I hope I don't regret this in 6 months when they go for 75 bucks a piece or some shit.

Go ahead and regret, it's now sold out...and it will prob sell for 75 or more

So I'm a little confused. Yesterday I ordered the Son Lux VIP Exclusive color in color and it required me to add either the full year membersip or the option of just one month. I did the $5 for one month and now I can't access any of the VIP pages on their website even when I am signed in. I emailed them about it but was wondering if anyone here could help.

So I'm a little confused. Yesterday I ordered the Son Lux VIP Exclusive color in color and it required me to add either the full year membersip or the option of just one month. I did the $5 for one month and now I can't access any of the VIP pages on their website even when I am signed in. I emailed them about it but was wondering if anyone here could help.

Takes a day or two to confirm I believe. You will receive an email. 

That's strange. It should work if you're signed in.