Your Current Vinyl Kick

That being said, I don't really "forget" or revisit a certain artist or album that falls off my radar of current interest. I do, however, get on a kick for certain genres and artists, and then become compelled to buy what I can. Two weeks back I sunk my teeth into the majority of M83's discography. Right now I have a raging boner for ambient, and am looking around for some savvy buys.

I'm over 500 releases and could probably tell you which variant I have for 99% of them. There's just no way I could see myself forgetting that I own an album. But to be fair, I only really buy what I dig and am proud to own. Frivolous purchases aren't my thing.

ditto

recently I've been going through Fiona Apple's discography.

I have a wishlist of sorts that's full of things from the late 80s through the 90s that weren't released on vinyl in the US or were in far bigger pressings overseas that I've been knocking off little by little lately. Tesla's Five Man Acoustical Jam, Ice-T's O.G., Ozzy Osbourne's Live & Loud... stuff like that.

I keep a detailed and accurate spreadsheet of all my records and use a random number generator to decide what I listen to.

Whatever the RNG decides I have two choices, either listen to it, or list it on ebay. I can't say "Ehhh I don't want to hear that, maybe some other time." It's either listen or it's gone.

So no I don't have anything I forgot I have.

I keep a detailed and accurate spreadsheet of all my records and use a random number generator to decide what I listen to.

Whatever the RNG decides I have two choices, either listen to it, or list it on ebay. I can't say "Ehhh I don't want to hear that, maybe some other time." It's either listen or it's gone.

So no I don't have anything I forgot I have.

That's a pretty cool system.

The lady and I have been going through the alphabet recently... and by recently I mean since November.
I feel like we'll make it out of the B's sometime soon (just finished Bonobo and on to Booker T and the MGs)
Some bands took weeks (Appleseed Cast, Bad Religion, the Beatles, Belle and Sebastian, Bjork, Black Moth Super Rainbow, Bomb the Music Industry) but we're chugging along!

But along the lines of raidenradio's comments it's partially been to thin out the he(a)rd.

I don't think I would sell something just because I was not in the mood at that moment (there's plenty of stuff that only one of us is a fan of), but it is causing me to reflect on what I really need to own (do I really need these Aesop Rock singles or ††† EP?)

It's only been LPs, so far, but I assume we'll do 7 inches during the winter when we could use the exercise.

Of course we check out anything new that shows up at the doorstep before resuming the alphabet, which is partially to blame for us being in the Bs.

i'm constantly forgetting that I have stuff. Atleast once a week, I have to sheepishly grin and ask a friend at Reckless to hold something for me because I have to go home and check to make sure I don't buy a double, hahah.

I forget things all the time too, but I just pull up my DF list on my phone, and check while I'm in-store.