PO: Code Orange Kids / SDF/ The World Is A Beautiful Place / Tigers Jaw - 4 Way Split 7"

Good idea.  You should trade your Summer Vacation tour LP as well.

speaking of, Aaron is screenprinting some covers for the copies of Condition that don't have covers. they'll be for sale at Recess Records whenever they're done. hand numbered too. sell me your JM/SV tour press for that valuable info please

speaking of, Aaron is screenprinting some covers for the copies of Condition that don't have covers. they'll be for sale at Recess Records whenever they're done. hand numbered too. sell me your JM/SV tour press for that valuable info please

You, sir, have good karma coming your way for that which I did not know.  I'm going to have to keep my eye out for it.  And I suppose we're at a stalemate with our records. 

That tour version has become my one single pursuit.  It's the only thing I'm actively seeking, other than a test press of Slow Gherkin's 'Shed Some Skin', but I know that' s not happening, so I'm not losing sleep over it. 

Long story short:  I'm serious.  Sell me your copy. 

You, sir, have good karma coming your way for that which I did not know.  I'm going to have to keep my eye out for it.  And I suppose we're at a stalemate with our records. 

That tour version has become my one single pursuit.  It's the only thing I'm actively seeking, other than a test press of Slow Gherkin's 'Shed Some Skin', but I know that' s not happening, so I'm not losing sleep over it. 

Long story short:  I'm serious.  Sell me your copy. 

no chance of me selling that record, SV are one of my all time favorite bands.. really defined getting outta high school and becoming involved in diy punk. speaking of actively seeking, good luck trying to score a green copy of the SV/JM split if you're trying to be a completist! I busted my butt for it.. but it's the nicest looking (and only transparent) pressing of that record

Yeah, of course I'm looking for it, but It's another one of those I'm not losing sleep over.  I think I'm going to come upon it in time, but for now, I'm pretty satisfied with the tour/test press version being the pinnacle of that set. 

I talked with Todd a way back and he said he only had maybe one copy of the tour LP, but it had been warped in his car.  He had an acetate for the album, but I shied away from it because I felt like it would be an unwise move to a whole new collecting realm.  Like going from pot to crystal meth.  

We've shipped every single one of these out as of early last week (and emailed you all tracking — check your paypal email address / SPAM folders for that). Email orders at topshelfrecords dot com if it doesn't arrive!

Yea I'm dumb and forgot I ordered the Reps/Weatherbox split at the same time, so that's been holding mine back. Thanks for the quick update though!

I don't get what all the hype is about this band honestly, I got the RFC sub last year and that 7" is hands down the worst thing I've heard....

Scaratch that, both RFC releases by them made me sad :(

Listening to this again today...that self defense song is so terribly bad, it makes me laugh every time I hear it. Sorry to be a party pooper. 

HOLY TREND

Listening to this again today...that self defense song is so terribly bad, it makes me laugh every time I hear it. Sorry to be a party pooper. 

HOLY TREND

Honestly, this 7" is pretty horrible all around. Best track is the Code Orange Kids one and it's only okay. This one is getting filed away asap.

This is my order. Are any of these not shipping yet? Just curious if any of these have been delayed.

rfcaprilpreorder.JPG

one minute later and I find this in my inbox:

The comments for your order are: Hey there! We regret to inform you that the

Citizen / Turnover split is currently out of stock. Instead of further

delaying your order, we have refunded you for the cost of the record you

purchased and will ship any other items remaining in your order as soon as

possible. (It may take a few days for your account to reflect the refunded

amount. If after 2 weeks, your account still does not show you have been

refunded, please email [email protected]

I know this will be taken as bitching, but this is not the first time I have placed an order and they don't hold the item for me. The one thing I would really like to stress is that when you get an order for an item, and the order came in before other peoples orders, can you not hold that item on a first come first serve basis? It was clearly in stock when I placed my order. I waited a year for a first pressing of of Fireworks - Bonfires that was being held up by that MO-Real Talk fiasco. I would have thought they would have set aside that first pressing for me that I ordered a year before instead of sending me the least limited second pressing. Same thing goes with anyone who orders stuff as soon as it goes up.... if you order something else with it and the other item is delayed, they get sold right out from under you to people who only ordered that item alone. Sorry Jeff, I freaking love your label, you know that, but this is something that needs to be addressed.

Edit/Disclaimer: I'm not bitching, just making a suggestion from a customer service standpoint. I love this label and everything it puts out and this is the only thing that I can even come close to complaining about.

• 2 weeks later...