Gaslight Anthem - Singles Collection: 2008-2011 - Box Set

God, please let there be only one color for this shit...

SRC jumped the gun on this (surprise!) and are reporting black /2500. Got a feeling its the only color. 

Wasn't there two versions of the 59' sound? Also, the tumbling dice 7" is split up differently. Makes the orignal worth it I guess. I didn't even know half of the shit in this boxset even existed. Whatever. It won't go fast. I'll see what is leftover from RSD and go from there.

I'll probably use the box for drugs n' shit.

Wasn't there two versions of the 59' sound? Also, the tumbling dice 7" is split up differently. Makes the orignal worth it I guess. I didn't even know half of the shit in this boxset even existed.

There were indeed two The '59 Sound. The original had Even Cowgirls Get The Blues as the b-side and the re-release had the version of State of Love and Trust included here. The majority of those KEXP tracks (American Slang, Boxer, Antonia Jane and Queen of Lower Chelsea) were from a radio session that Brian did in 2010 that's been available online since. They were later as a bonus cd (along with She Loves You and Tumbling Dice) on an Australian release of American Slang at some point too.

It's weird to me that they're releasing the American Slang era singles on vinyl now when none of them were actually pressed back then.

SRC jumped the gun on this (surprise!) and are reporting black /2500. Got a feeling its the only color. 

Wasn't there two versions of the 59' sound? Also, the tumbling dice 7" is split up differently. Makes the orignal worth it I guess. I didn't even know half of the shit in this boxset even existed. Whatever. It won't go fast. I'll see what is leftover from RSD and go from there.

I'll probably use the box for drugs n' shit.

Yeah, someone else already stated that a lot of these WEREN'T pressed. None of the AS singles got pressed, off the top of my head (and then looking at my tradelist).

It's weird to me that they're releasing the American Slang era singles on vinyl now when none of them were actually pressed back then.

They were still singles, pressed or not. I was surprised they never pressed them originally after what they did with the '59 Sound singles, but I welcome this box set.

Nice to see the price is a bit cheaper from SRC, plus only $3 shipping.

I know it's been asked a billion times but does SRC charge now or later when you use your credit card? Usually I do paypal but honestly I don't wanna pay for this now because I wanna wait and see if there's a colored version that S1D will do. 

It charges the moment you place the order. I thought the same thing...

I wonder why nobody go apeshit about the price?

If you're a huge fan or an obsessive completist, I don't think this price is that outrageous. If it was just a simple rehash of the originals, then it would definitely be a clunker. But some of these songs have never been put to vinyl, the sleeves are pretty cool looking, and you get a box to do...something with.

That said, I can't imagine anybody buying this and then playing these more than once or twice. It's kind of a pointless purchase, but as those go, I've seen worse.

If you're a huge fan or an obsessive completist, I don't think this price is that outrageous. If it was just a simple rehash of the originals, then it would definitely be a clunker. But some of these songs have never been put to vinyl, the sleeves are pretty cool looking, and you get a box to do...something with.

That said, I can't imagine anybody buying this and then playing these more than once or twice. It's kind of a pointless purchase, but as those go, I've seen worse.

Agreed. Works out to about $7 per record, plus the box. Not outrageous at all.