Cake Vinyl Boxset Coming Soon per RSD 7" sleeve

Just got my replacements, that was super fast, before my package even got to them. They told me I didn't need to send my sleeves and jackets, so now I just have jackets and sleeves for all of these albums, haha. I'll check 'em out to see if they sound better in a few. They also threw in a bonus 7", nice.

a3m9a1.jpg

I received my order for the missing Prolonging the Magic LP and all of the jackets and sleeves this afternoon.  Happily, everything arrived in great shape, I didn't have to/don't have to ship anything back, and I also received the Sheep Go To Heaven RSD 7" in a plain black jacket.  I'm pretty satisfied with how they handled the issues.

Just got my replacements, that was super fast, before my package even got to them. They told me I didn't need to send my sleeves and jackets, so now I just have jackets and sleeves for all of these albums, haha. I'll check 'em out to see if they sound better in a few. They also threw in a bonus 7", nice.

a3m9a1.jpg

What was wrong with the sound of the original copies you got?

Terrible, unlistenable surface noise on each side of all of these records. I was pissed and surprised that it could happen to half of my set. Sounded like someone wiped their ass with my copies, looked like it too.

So, you sent you're damaged copies before receiving the replacement copies?

That must mean you paid for the shipping, right? :(

I'm not looking forward to how much it's going to cost me to send them back one LP from Canada.

Terrible, unlistenable surface noise on each side of all of these records. I was pissed and surprised that it could happen to half of my set. Sounded like someone wiped their ass with my copies, looked like it too.

Did you clean the records at all? (not with a dry brush, with a wet solution) It's pretty unlikely in my opinion that 5 out of 8 records were "damaged" if all you had was surface noise. Especially since all of mine had surface noise but I cleaned them and they sound perfect. Do the new records even sound better?

Did you clean the records at all? It's pretty unlikely in my opinion that 5 out of 8 records were "damaged" if all you had was surface noise. Do the new records sound better?

Yup, cleaned them all extensively, there were visible marks and smudges in the record grooves, and the 3 I have listened to sound so much better after a few cleans.

Well, that's some bad luck. Maybe the guy was eating a Milky Way bar while he was putting your box together or something :D

Honestly, I have no idea what they did to screw them up. Even the new ones I got still have minor superficial gashes next to the labels and the records all have this excess vinyl I ripped off the edges, though they sound good and that's all that matters to me.

I had one record (Prolonging the Magic) with a long scratch through two tracks on side one, and the end of side two had terrible swooshing noise that didn't clean out. I cant physically see the scratch but i can sure hear it at every revolution in the same spot.

Strangest thing, to not be able to find the scratch that you can hear. I blame it on the record colour...

My comment was more in reference to people bitching about customer service when they have been pretty awesome, and are apparently giving people free shit. That's above and beyond in my book.

You will rarely if ever find me complaining in other threads but I was bitching in this case because A) they were absolutely raping people on shipping, and B ) they told me they shipped my box, then 5 days later the tracking # wasn't updated. They then told me not to worry and assured me it was on it's way. And then another 5 days later they said "oops we never sent that out to you even though you brought it to our attention and we told you not to worry. But we'll keep your $130 if you want even though we have no idea when the second round will actually be available". No thanks! I'm sure they knew that had X amount of stock, and x amount of orders. It should have been a red flag when all of a sudden they had extra boxes available for people who were back ordered when numerous people were contacting them about their tracking #s not updating.

So they are hit & miss with customer service. But it's very cool they are replacing all of the screwed up records. Although they should be providing free return shipping for the web orders since they more than made up for it initially.

A) they were absolutely raping people on shipping,

Although they should be providing free return shipping for the web orders since they more than made up for it initially.

^this^

60 bucks shipping to Canada for this order. Fine. but having to pay to return a defective record.... not sure i agree with that. I had a record i ordered from a large retailer online come to me defective, and without question they shipped a replacement album and a shipping label to slap on the defective one. That was great.

This however may not be, depending on how much it's gonna cost to post it back to them.....

regardless of web orders or RSD buys, the label or manufacturer should cover the return shipping, doesn't matter some paid $35 or more shipping, others paid more for the set on RSD. Defective merch is defective merch

Absolutely right and most do. The only one I know from personal experience that doesn't is Music On Vinyl.