Cake Vinyl Boxset Coming Soon per RSD 7" sleeve

I have the problems described with Motorcade of Generosity (the raised vinyl was obvious from the moment I looked at the disc under the light) and with Prolonging the Magic (i can't see the scratch either). Let's see how they deal with a transatlantic version of this, though with the new press coming soon they may (bloody well should) have solved these problems and I won't get new ones with the same defects. I wonder if they'll want me to send them back to the US.

I have the problems described with Motorcade of Generosity (the raised vinyl was obvious from the moment I looked at the disc under the light) and with Prolonging the Magic (i can't see the scratch either). Let's see how they deal with a transatlantic version of this, though with the new press coming soon they may (bloody well should) have solved these problems and I won't get new ones with the same defects. I wonder if they'll want me to send them back to the US.

I haven't shipped my Prolonging the Magic back to them. 

I'm not sure what you're going to get if they replace yours... my guess is the sooner you do it the more likely you are to receive replacements from the first press....and they will more than likely be albums that people have already returned (like i suspect mine is)

I didn't have to send my fashion nugget back, although my replacement copy had identical problems so it doesn't really matter

They've been in touch. I've sent photos of Generosity and also let them know that people seemed to be having the same issues with their replacements and were giving up trying to get the issues solved.

I just read the most recent conversation between you and Tommy regarding Prolonging the Magic.  We will send you a replacement copy from the upcoming batch in 10-12 weeks.  So we’ll also ship your replacement copy of Motorcade of Generosity at that time.

Thanks for your patience,
Brooklynphono

I'm more than happy to wait this long to get a properly pressed record. I have replied letting them know that I've passed this on to others who's replacement Prolonging the Magic had the same problem as the originals, so if you want another one, get in touch again.

I'm assuming no-one had a faulty replacement Generosity. Please post again if you did. This thread is far too long to comb through again.

• 3 weeks later...

So this is still up for preorder, even though the Cake FB page said about 2 weeks ago that it was ending 'this week'.

I have no issue with this being up for preorder, I missed it the first time around an am thankful that I got another chance but lying about when the preorder is ending (I assume to get people to jump on it out of fear of missing out) seems a bit low no?

Also, if anyone missed this before, its still up but not shipping until September.

Hope they sorted out the issues with the first lot for this run. Won't be fun trying to get them sorted from NZ if I have to send the duff ones back.

I'm more than happy to wait this long to get a properly pressed record. I have replied letting them know that I've passed this on to others who's replacement Prolonging the Magic had the same problem as the originals, so if you want another one, get in touch again.

I'm assuming no-one had a faulty replacement Generosity. Please post again if you did. This thread is far too long to comb through again.

I have been on vacation for the last few weeks and only just saw your post. thanx. I have contacted them again about Prolonging the Magic.

Also, if i've read you post correctly, this is the first time i've seen it mentioned that the original record had the same pressing issue. 

I have been on vacation for the last few weeks and only just saw your post. thanx. I have contacted them again about Prolonging the Magic.

Also, if i've read you post correctly, this is the first time i've seen it mentioned that the original record had the same pressing issue. 

I think that's my mistake. By originals, I mean the box set pressing of Prolonging the Magic that people have had replaced. If it comes across that I meant any previous, non-box set pressing of Prolonging the Magic, then that is not what I mean.

Having searched the thread I see that you are the person who's replacement box set PtM was faulty. I hope they are helpful in sorting this out.

I think that's my mistake. By originals, I mean the box set pressing of Prolonging the Magic that people have had replaced. If it comes across that I meant any previous, non-box set pressing of Prolonging the Magic, then that is not what I mean.

Having searched the thread I see that you are the person who's replacement box set PtM was faulty. I hope they are helpful in sorting this out.

Ah, got it. Thanx for the clarification.

I have just sent a msg this morning about it, so we'll see what happens.

I had given up, but after your post i thought i'd give it another shot.

• 1 month later...

It was slated for "early September". However, the merch company that is managing the sales and shipping has confirmed that the ETA is now "sometime by the end of September".

It sounds like it hasn't been pressed yet by the inability for anyone to provide a clear timeframe. Is this box set the most recent casualty of the modern day vinyl pressing plant shortage epidemic? What other beloved pre-orders are at risk? Stay tuned for more after the break.

It was slated for "early September". However, the merch company that is managing the sales and shipping has confirmed that the ETA is now "sometime by the end of September".

It sounds like it hasn't been pressed yet by the inability for anyone to provide a clear timeframe. Is this box set the most recent casualty of the modern day vinyl pressing plant shortage epidemic? What other beloved pre-orders are at risk? Stay tuned for more after the break.

In related news, tune in tonight for our special on record high RSD sales!