Citizen - Youth [June 11th 2013//RFC]

I download almost every record I ever buy from websites not associated with the band or label. Thus, I have a huge pile of download codes I never used. There is nothing wrong with downloading a record you have already paid for. If adam didn't put it on it leaked, it would have been on there today thanks to the album stream. which means it "leaked" less than 24 hours before they were going to show it to everyone. I see both sides of the argument, but it's whatever.

Don't immediately like this as much as I thought I would. Ordered blindly after hearing that Summer track when it came out.

Only listened once, though, and I have a feeling it will grow on me. Still glad I've got it coming.

Those Turnover and Daylight records, though...holy shit are those good.

I feel the same. There are some incredible moments evident in the first listen. But they album as a whole hasn't instantly grabbed me like Turnover and Daylight. Some of my favourite records have taken multiple plays to even begin appreciating them, though.

The thing I'm most flabbergasted by is someone having the nerve to upload a 128 kbps copy of an album to what.cd. That shit's not allowed. As far as the album goes, I'm very underwhelmed and very glad I didn't preorder this as one of the paltry two records I'm allowing myself per month. I felt the same way about the Daylight though, which everyone else seemed to be head over heels for. Both records remind me of stuff I started listening to emo and punk to get away from (e.g., "grunge/alternative") in the 90's. Maybe it's an age thing. For what it's worth, this other new band from the same general area as Ciz is getting the love and plays I thought Youth would get from me right now. Hopefully Youth will grow on me because I think they're a super talented bunch of youngsters based on past output.

http://formerstates.bandcamp.com/

The thing I'm most flabbergasted by is someone having the nerve to upload a 128 kbps copy of an album to what.cd. That shit's not allowed. As far as the album goes, I'm very underwhelmed and very glad I didn't preorder this as one of the paltry two records I'm allowing myself per month. I felt the same way about the Daylight though, which everyone else seemed to be head over heels for. Both records remind me of stuff I started listening to emo and punk to get away from (e.g., "grunge/alternative") in the 90's. Maybe it's an age thing. For what it's worth, this other new band from the same general area as Ciz is getting the love and plays I thought Youth would get from me right now. Hopefully Youth will grow on me because I think they're a super talented bunch of youngsters based on past output.

http://formerstates.bandcamp.com/

Definitely took a few listens through Youth to get into.  Wasn't what I anticipated on first listen but I must say it's a great album and I don't regret ordering it.

Just checked out Former States and I'm definitely digging it.  Thanks for sharing that. Pretty awesome they were recorded by Nick from The Swellers.

I'm so into this. I also seem to be different from everyone else, as I loved it first listen.

Bummed I can't upload the Trinidad James pic I wanted :P

"Hypebeast we know about cha!"

Pretty sure RFC is going to be Boardcore '13 with how much awesome stuff they are putting out this year! I'm most stoked for the E!E! split \m/

Joie de Vivre is one of my favorite bands of the past decade. Absolutely cannot wait for the split. Any more info you can tell us about it yet Jeff? I was surprised to see you releasing JdV and E!E! stuff since CYLS exist, but it's awesome they're getting a release on a bigger (than CYLS) label.

Joie de Vivre is one of my favorite bands of the past decade. Absolutely cannot wait for the split. Any more info you can tell us about it yet Jeff? I was surprised to see you releasing JdV and E!E! stuff since CYLS exist, but it's awesome they're getting a release on a bigger (than CYLS) label.

I was surprised too, especially considering I brought the idea to them and they were just like 'sure!' I sort of hesitated on asking them because I just figured if it ever did happen CYLS would release it, but I guess it never hurts to ask. 

it-leaked is such a bad site. userbase is terrible and the things that get the most hype are really generic metalcore releases

I agree. It's gone to hell the past year. All the comment pages are filled with people calling each other "faggots" or "niggers". It makes YouTube look good...

What does Boardcore means?!

I am super excited for that split. Just saw both bands for the first time, so good. 

unrelated to quote, but any idea when these are shipping out? just ordered the white/pink split. really pumped on this record. also, do you seen any money from amazon vinyl sales?