Kanye West -Yeezus

To be fair, most people (including myself) didn't know that the first one was missing Bound 2 until we had it on our table.

there's nothing you need to prove to me. you take a chance when you buy a bootleg. if you don't mind missing that song, then be happy. but what i'm saying is, you got the short end of the stick. don't expect it to be worth a ton of money some day or anything.

I don't expect it to be worth a ton. I have a full kanye vinyl-ogrophy including the german bootleg of Graduation and that's because he's my favorite artist.

I have both the version with and without bound 2 and if I keep em both forever, I don't mind.

I was just wondering if the one without would become sought after by certain collectors because it's like a "misprint"

it's a bootleg. it won't be a collectors item. just something people wasted their money on.

That's truth about a bootleg's value.  I recently tried to sell my Frank Ocean and Watch the Throne boots... one buyer sent it back, the other bought two at the same time, and I canceled the other auction.

Speaking of which if some one wants to trade, I'll do a straight up trade of Watch the Throne 2LP clear boot for a Yeezus boot, with or without Bound 2 on it.

How does WTT sound? If things go well with this d-v purchase, I may be going back for that, channel orange, and house of balloons.

Strangely better than the rip I've heard of the official picture disc.  Channel Orange is much improved too.  I'm curious how the audio was sourced.  To me it sounds like they were simply run through a tape before cutting.  Not a different studio master or anything extremely different than the CD.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think 3 weeks has been the average wait around here

Gotcha, thanks dude. Maybe it'll be a bit after New Years with the way the postal service is this time of year. I ordered a new turntable mat and I kept thinking how rad the yeezus vinyl would look on it if I had it... So I did what had to be done hahah.

Tired of waiting for an official press, figure I can always sell this one or gift it if a real one is ever announced.

I ask because I remember there being a German website I ordered records from a few years ago, they were also hip-hop and dubstep boots... I'm not sure if it was vinyl-digital.de, don't remember, but it took MONTHS to arrive. I had already gotten a refund from PayPal and had long forgotten about it by the time they actually showed up, hah. A month is manageable, half a year is not.

• 1 month later...

I emailed vinyl-digital asking if these were sold out. They said they'd be available again on February 9th.

...BUT IT WAS LIMITED TO 750 COPIES!!!!! 

first time i listened to that album was on my copy of the boot missing bound 2 and I didnt even notice, I had never heard it and didn't know it should be there.  Album did end kinda weird though.

I don't know if buying modern boots for long term financial gains is really the smartest place to put your money but if you enjoy collecting and listening to music on vinyl then buy them boots!  I have a bunch and love them like my legits.  

If anyone is spending $100 on that childish or other crazy resale prices instead of waiting for next batch of 500-1000 that will be practically indistinguishable from the first batch, is a dedicated music consumer with deeper pockets than I.  

And I won't even touch on how the audio is almost definitely from the retail CD.

not that i'm defending it... but so are probably half the records you own. especially if you've ever bought a hot topic record. it's the sad truth of the industry today.

not that i'm defending it... but so are probably half the records you own. especially if you've ever bought a hot topic record. it's the sad truth of the industry today.

haha.....i know, i've systematically rooted out those and resold them.  If by Hot Topic you mean Universal Special Markets (Thrice, Finch, Thursday, etc).  

i still do have a handful of records that I'm pretty sure are the same as the CD master, but certainly not half.  It's really not a big deal as long as they aren't ruined by lack of dynamics (loudness war).