New "Black Flag" song

for FLAG or for Black Flag?  I'm going to see FLAG in Toronto on Friday and I think my ticket was only $20.

It was for Flag, Scott and I live in the same city :P

I would have loved to go to hear "I Love You" as an encore though....but GoT was more important at the time, so instead I drank beers, watched GoT, and listened to Black Flag records w/ the GF :P Same experience w/ more plot twists and death!

saw FLAG last night and wow did they put on a great show.  I was honestly shocked that Keith didn't stop between each song to rant on about nothing at all.  They were halfway through their set before he stopped to say anything and all he did was explain how "white minority" isn't about white power.  After seeing them I doubt I'd go see GInn's version of Black Flag (if they came to my town) because I wouldn't want to ruin it.

If you're on the fence about going to see them do it, you won't regret it.

Closer to the end of th set he did.  Before they started playing he told everyone to apploud BIll and if we were lucky he'd show us his ass crack later in the night. 

I was really impressed he didn't ramble on between songs.  The three times I've seen him before (twice with OFF! once with Circel Jerks) he spent half the damn set rambling on about things that made no sense at all.

• 7 months later...

I saw Black Flag with Reyes back in June or July last year. The show was okay - almost everyone there was over 40, and one of my t-shirts got stolen, and everyone was an asshole - but I met Ron, Greg, and Mike V after the show. Ron was really nice, a very cool guy, and I'm not sure what compelled him to make the cover art for What The ..., but after meeting the three of them it's clear that Ron is definitely the victim here.

I remembered Mike V from playing Tony Hawk's Underground as a kid. In fact I hooked up a GameCube and played the shit out of that game around the time of the concert because I was reminded of it. Anyway, he seemed to be a cool guy. Good For You played a nice set, the theremin was cool, and he interacted with the audience a lot (flung at least a gallon of sweat on to me and my friend in the front row). So, I guess I'm indifferent about him being the new frontman for Black Flag - his voice doesn't really fit though, if you ask me.

Greg signed my wallet (it was the only thing I had handy after the show because some assclown took my Nervous Breakdown shirt). I had never looked much into him before, not watched any interviews or anything, and was totally blown away by how quiet and mild-mannered he was. He read and then signed some kid's fanzine, then signed my wallet, we chatted for a bit and then I left. But then I found out what an asshole he his, and I don't know what to do with the wallet. I'm hoping the signature just rubs away eventually.

They only played two songs from What The ... during the show. That was a relief, but they also didn't play anything from Slip It In or The Process of Weeding Out (I dunno why they would - they may as well play shit from Family Man), so you take the wins with the losses, I guess.

Anyway, that's my opinion on it all. The new album fuckin' sucks. Why not just a white cover with "Black Flag" and the bars somewhere on it? Come on, Ron.

I mean they can do whatever they want with the lineup of the new Black Flag, it doesn't mean they will ever be Black Flag. As a skateboarder I like Mike V, but the fact of the matter is when it comes to the music they can have him sing, they can have Michael Buble sing. They can replace every member of the band with Michael Buble and it would still be just as close to being Black Flag as the day this reboot band started... so not even a little bit.

Black Flag apologized for their shitty year in 2013. They said they felt bad that the new record sucked and they are going to try to do better.. 

http://pitchfork.com/news/53776-black-flag-appoints-new-vocalist-mike-vallely-apologizes-for-shitty-2013/

and Dave Klein left.

http://www.punknews.org/article/54153/dave-klein-leaves-black-flag

Off to a good start!