New "Black Flag" song

http://blackflagofficial.com/

SST Records is proud to announce a free download of the first new BLACK FLAG song in many years. On the upcoming 22 song LP to be released this summer, “Down in the Dirt” features Ron Reyes on vocals, Greg Ginn on guitar/theramin, My War bassist Dale Nixon on bass, and Gregory AMoore on drums. The band will begin touring in May in both Europe and the U.S. ***note: not to be confused with the ‘fake’ Flag band currently covering the songs of BLACK FLAG in an embarrassingly weak “mailing it in” fashion*** We urge you to check out the real BLACK FLAG when they hit your area.

Pretty lame and kinda confirms that the 'fake' Flag band is probably the better show to see.

http://blackflagofficial.com/

SST Records is proud to announce a free download of the first new BLACK FLAG song in many years. On the upcoming 22 song LP to be released this summer, “Down in the Dirt” features Ron Reyes on vocals, Greg Ginn on guitar/theramin, My War bassist Dale Nixon on bass, and Gregory AMoore on drums. The band will begin touring in May in both Europe and the U.S. ***note: not to be confused with the ‘fake’ Flag band currently covering the songs of BLACK FLAG in an embarrassingly weak “mailing it in” fashion*** We urge you to check out the real BLACK FLAG when they hit your area.

Pretty lame and kinda confirms that the 'fake' Flag band is probably the better show to see.

Ron Reyes is my favorite Black Flag vocalist but I'm seeing "Flag" which is Keith Morris's Black Flag at the end of the month 

I wouldn't call the new song terrible, but it's definitely nothing compared to anything that Black Flag used to be in any of its old incarnations. If they called themselves something else, I imagine more people would be okay with this song. I'll check out the album when it comes out. As far as seeing either "Black Flag" live, I wouldn't go out of my way to do so anyway. Meh, reunions.

***note: not to be confused with the ‘fake’ Flag band currently covering the songs of BLACK FLAG in an embarrassingly weak “mailing it in” fashion*** We urge you to check out the real BLACK FLAG when they hit your area.

Greg Ginn is a fucking baby.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/flag-reunites-black-flag-veterans-20130207

Did you know that Ginn and Reyes were also planning on returning as Black Flag?

Morris: We heard varying rumors, which, when it comes to Greg Ginn, there are some of us that could really care less. Normally, you don't talk like that about friends. But he's not a friend, so I could just go down a list of people that have sued him and people that have not received royalties. Henry [Rollins] writes a column for the L.A. Weekly, and he finally just said, "Hey, how about some accounting?"

The thing we're doing is not in spite of anybody – we're celebrating the fact that we're at the age that we're at and people still love this music.

The riffs are very cool but the vocals and lyrics are horrendous. Not like i was going to buy any of these albums or see any of the shows, but this put the nail in the coffin of any interest i might have had.