relient K - Collapsible Lung

Any one else listened to this yet?  It's such a disappointing departure from the direction of Forget and Not Slow Down.  Sure, some of the songs aren't terrible.  But overall.  I'm not a fan.

is this out there or are you another of those people got who copies long before it was even announced? weird situation with this album, sucks that it's nothing like FANSD though.

found it. 

Finally listened to the entire album. I wasn't a big fan of the drum samples that were used in some of the songs, but I liked some of the synth stuff they used.

If I Could Take You Home and PTL are my favorites off the album. Can't Complain is my least favorite, too Bruno Mars-ish for me. And after hearing the live version, I was a little disappointed by the album version of Boomerang.

This is probably my second favorite album from them, besides Mmhmm. I really like the big choruses most of the songs have. I'm even more excited for the album release now.

PTL reminds me, when Matthew goes in with a high voice, of the band Passion Pit. 

I can definitely see the resemblance there. And eh.. I guess that isn't too bad. 

Finally listened to the entire album. I wasn't a big fan of the drum samples that were used in some of the songs, but I liked some of the synth stuff they used.

If I Could Take You Home and PTL are my favorites off the album. Can't Complain is my least favorite, too Bruno Mars-ish for me. And after hearing the live version, I was a little disappointed by the album version of Boomerang.

This is probably my second favorite album from them, besides Mmhmm. I really like the big choruses most of the songs have. I'm even more excited for the album release now.

I've listened to the record a few times now, and it still doesn't flow. I mean the record starts out pretty decent, even Lost Boy has grown on me. But then the album loses all credibility after If I Can Take You Home. At least it ends well, sort of, with When You Were My Baby though CL

The album feels almost like another cover record, more than a authentic Relient K album. Matt's singing and the band's orchestration feels over produced, and forced. Nothing like what we've come to love from the band, and that's a great shame. 

In my opinion this could be their worst album they've "written," or lack there of. I'm hoping it'll grow on me as time goes on. 

I bet there will be plenty of backlash from the christian market... talking about one night stands, drugs, and being unfaithful. It's all said in a clean yet non-subtle way.... just enough to cause some problems 

I was thinking the exact same thing. The record is very "promiscuous" for a Relient K record. 

It's almost on one hand, I'm hoping for this album to do poorly enough so that they'll start to write new material to offset this record, yet on the other hand, I hope the record does great, or at least decent; I'd hate to see them go though tough times because of a failing record. Meh. 

Pretty sure they've already started. People made some interesting points on AP. one guy said that this album is almost like a stopgap album to just allow Thiessen to recharge his batteries after the intensive, personal writing process that was FANSD. He linked to some interviews that made it sound like a pretty good theory. I can find those links if you guys want later.

I can definitely see the resemblance there. And eh.. I guess that isn't too bad. 

I've listened to the record a few times now, and it still doesn't flow. I mean the record starts out pretty decent, even Lost Boy has grown on me. But then the album loses all credibility after If I Can Take You Home. At least it ends well, sort of, with When You Were My Baby though CL

The album feels almost like another cover record, more than a authentic Relient K album. Matt's singing and the band's orchestration feels over produced, and forced. Nothing like what we've come to love from the band, and that's a great shame. 

In my opinion this could be their worst album they've "written," or lack there of. I'm hoping it'll grow on me as time goes on. 

I've listened to it a few more times now as well. And I can see what your saying, and maybe I was a little too fast in saying this was my second favorite. I listened to some tracks off Five Score and Two Lefts, and they both just feel more genuine.

I still think this album is a good album, but I think it has dropped down in the list of my favorites after thinking about. 

Pretty sure they've already started. People made some interesting points on AP. one guy said that this album is almost like a stopgap album to just allow Thiessen to recharge his batteries after the intensive, personal writing process that was FANSD. He linked to some interviews that made it sound like a pretty good theory. I can find those links if you guys want later.

There really is no heart in some of these songs. I do find it hard to believe that Thiessen would release an album that he just didn't want to release, especially since they have their own label. So he must have had some reason to put them out rather than just to get it out of his system.

I'm still going to support them, but it makes me think less of the album when the singer didn't even think that this was their best work.

Wow. Going from really liking the album yesterday to thinking it was just ok today.

I feel like someone should tell Relient K their new album is leaking everywhere and now would be a good time to put up physical pre-orders...sounds bad to say this but I think the more people who hear the album, the less success they'll have with pre-orders.  

I was on YouTube last night and it showed something were someone had uploaded Collapsible Lung and Relient K had commented telling the to take it down and wanted to know where they got the album from early.

I can understand bands not wanting their music leaked but in this day and age I would say that like 99.9% of music gets leaked before release. 

And it also frustrated me that they have time to comment and worry about that, but they don't have time to update Facebook/Twitter/Instagram about why pre-orders aren't up yet when they were supposed to be up last week.

I'm not like super upset, I just feel like they should have the decency to say something like "hey sorry preorders aren't up yet. we're working on it. thanks for your patience"