relient K - Collapsible Lung

I got my shipping info yesterday too... I guess we'll see how this plays out!

...but also mine says I got the cd option and the vinyl option. I know a cd comes with the vinyl, but here's what the email says:

PRODUCTS SHIPPED
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
1.01. SKU...RELIEN-CD103  TITLE...Collapsible Lung CD  OPTION...CD  QUANTITY...1  PRICE..$10.00  TOTAL...$0.00
1.02. SKU...RELIEN-VINYL101  TITLE...Collapsible Lung Vinyl  OPTION...Vinyl  QUANTITY...1  PRICE..$15.00  TOTAL...$0.00

soooo it says cd $10 maybe they threw one in for good measure? maybe they realized they're gonna have a butt ton of these left over and they should clear some out when they can? or they just worded it goofy in the email.

I got my shipping info yesterday too... I guess we'll see how this plays out!

...but also mine says I got the cd option and the vinyl option. I know a cd comes with the vinyl, but here's what the email says:

PRODUCTS SHIPPED

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.01. SKU...RELIEN-CD103  TITLE...Collapsible Lung CD  OPTION...CD  QUANTITY...1  PRICE..$10.00  TOTAL...$0.00

1.02. SKU...RELIEN-VINYL101  TITLE...Collapsible Lung Vinyl  OPTION...Vinyl  QUANTITY...1  PRICE..$15.00  TOTAL...$0.00

soooo it says cd $10 maybe they threw one in for good measure? maybe they realized they're gonna have a butt ton of these left over and they should clear some out when they can? or they just worded it goofy in the email.

When I first read this I thought "there's nothing wrong with this" but then I realized I bought the shirt as well. And now I got it.

Maybe they just didn't word this correctly cause I doubt they would send an extra copy, and who needs two copies? Unless you're gonna give it someone.

But yeah, that was worded really weird and who knows? maybe they did send two copies of the CD

Got my copy today. No insert. CD in a generic sleeve. Partial album credits on the back - so many session players on this album. Whatever.

I hate this album more every time I listen to it. It is fun to go on their Facebook page and see all the teenage fans who are bummed that the lyrics talk about bars and so they're not a Christian band anymore :(

Got my copy today. No insert. CD in a generic sleeve. Partial album credits on the back - so many session players on this album. Whatever.

I hate this album more every time I listen to it. It is fun to go on their Facebook page and see all the teenage fans who are bummed that the lyrics talk about bars and so they're not a Christian band anymore :(

RIGHT?! It really is pretty bad. There's a few highlights but overall I sit and think WHAT IN THE HELL! 

I do think my favorite part is that it lists Ethan (and John and Jon for that matter) as being a part of the band. They should've made this something like The Birds and the Bee Sides, a longer EP that has lots of filler but a few gems

My take on the new Relient K album, Collapsible Lung:

There’s nothing wrong with a band wanting to make a pop album, none what so ever. When I heard CL was going to be more of a pop album I was excited… I mean Matt is a king of pop! Sure you could look at the music and say it sounds overproduced, but that’s not really a big deal. If you’re making a pop album that naturally comes with the territory. To me the problem with this album are the lyrics, something I never thought would be an issue with Matt. There’s almost no substance to anything, and sound like they’d fit in any horrible Top 40 song! 

If you’re going to do a pop album, do it with some integrity! Look at fun.’s Some Nights or Tegan and Sara’s Heartthrob… they’re albums that have fun pop music but lyrically run deep.

…I’m not giving up on CL, but I am disappointed and can see why Ethan is gone and the Jo(h)ns want nothing to do with this mess.

Oh christian "controversy"

My biggest curiosity for this record is if it charts #1 on the Christian charts like the last three or four have done. Probably, because they don't know how to illegally download and therefore bought the album before listening to it once.

Like having bad sex after marriage.

Haha they are Christians not the Amish. I'm pretty sure tons of Christians know how to download music illegally. I heard they live amongst the technology (heck I've even seen it with my very eyes). Some have even helped create that very technology.

Haha they are Christians not the Amish. I'm pretty sure tons of Christians know how to download music illegally. I heard they live amongst the technology (heck I've even seen it with my very eyes). Some have even helped create that very technology.

I'm mostly just joking. Feels like the stereotypical Christian complaining about the album being "too offensive" (and I'm sure I'm sounding crazy but it's early and whatever) would be more likely to just have no clue. Traditional households, you know. Or if they do know how, it's "against their morals!"

I'm probably just sounding like a jackass. whatever. It's early, throw rocks at me or something.

It looks like Relient K are working on a 2nd press for this as per the instagram pic of the cd, because they sold out. Hopefully it is on a new color instead of black again.

Just saw on their Facebook that they're pressing more of this. But didn't mention anything about a different color or anything

I hope if they do a repress that it will be on a color and not just black again. I would like a smokey grey/clear swirl or something.

Has anyone actually played the vinyl yet? How does it sound? I have to pick mine up from the post office tomorrow night.

I think it sounds pretty good. I have gone ahead and listed it on Discogs. The thing is my brother got the cardboard brown "RK" stamped cd sleeve and I got a white type fold over "RK" stamped cd sleeve. So there is some differences in the cd sleeves. 

My take on the new Relient K album, Collapsible Lung:

There’s nothing wrong with a band wanting to make a pop album, none what so ever. When I heard CL was going to be more of a pop album I was excited… I mean Matt is a king of pop! Sure you could look at the music and say it sounds overproduced, but that’s not really a big deal. If you’re making a pop album that naturally comes with the territory. To me the problem with this album are the lyrics, something I never thought would be an issue with Matt. There’s almost no substance to anything, and sound like they’d fit in any horrible Top 40 song! 

If you’re going to do a pop album, do it with some integrity! Look at fun.’s Some Nights or Tegan and Sara’s Heartthrob… they’re albums that have fun pop music but lyrically run deep.

…I’m not giving up on CL, but I am disappointed and can see why Ethan is gone and the Jo(h)ns want nothing to do with this mess.

Absolutely.

A tiny tiny part of me hoped that it would be one of those albums that I would dislike but grow to love. Then I realized, when has that ever happened? Never.

Looking at the iTunes reviews and hoping RK gets the picture.

Couldn't agree more. Realy, REALLY hope they don't try this again.

Has anyone actually played the vinyl yet? How does it sound? I have to pick mine up from the post office tomorrow night.

It doesn't sound too bad, actually. I was surprised of the quality of the pressing.  

but the overall look/feel of this pressing is pretty cheap, and I'd HIGHLY doubt they'd do much of anything for the second including changing the color (which I assume would cause it to cost more?)

Yet, the jacket and lack of (a) liner note(s) was pretty disappointing. You would think since 3/4 record was written by co-writers they'd make sure to include proper thanks and credits. Meh.