PO: The Dangerous Summer - Golden Record

I'm probably gonna wait for a local store to have a CD version for like 10$. This would cost me 30$ shipped, and unless it rhymes with "Zonverge" and "Bluck Ragan" it's very unlikely I would pay 30$ for a record. Since USPS raised their shipping prices a few months back I've been slowly and sadly buying CDs/Digital Downloads instead.

But on a positive note, I'm digging this song. While I love War Paint I think this song is better than half of what's on that record

I know I should separate the music from the person, but it's hard for me to support these guys when they are such turdburglers 

Explain!  I've always really enjoyed these guys, especially Reach for the Sun, but I've heard stories about them being "turdburglers", I just don't remember them.  I do hear the Cody dudes name come up a lot though.

In my opinion they haven't really did anything all that bad. They've acted slightly immature at times (which can be said for a ton of well respected bands). I think they've done some questionable stuff, but haven't we all at times. I like most of their music, and since I'm not going to hang out or talk to them, that's all that really matters to me.

turd-burglar-brown_design.png

In my opinion they haven't really did anything all that bad. They've acted slightly immature at times (which can be said for a ton of well respected bands). I think they've done some questionable stuff, but haven't we all at times. I like most of their music, and since I'm not going to hang out or talk to them, that's all that really matters to me.

turd-burglar-brown_design.png

they've done some bad things - not message board appropriate 

I think it's crazy how amazing that song is, yet LP prices are so dang high that we're considering not buying this. Even myself--War Paint is an album I've listened to more than probably any other record in the past year and a half, but dude $20 is steep in this situation. Forget how TGG sounded, do you not remember War Paint?!?!?! The only truly unlistenable record I have (on coke bottle clear... the black is actually fine). Plus it's flimsy and the packaging is as standard (read: boring) as it comes. Any chance of HT? Don't think the other two did?

All that said, no way in haaaeeeeeeellllll I won't buy this on vinyl. :)

Also, says 175 left on every preorder bundle that includes the LP (as well as LP only item).

I'll probably wait until I hear the rest of the album before I decide if I want to drop a total of 25 bucks on the LP.

Off topic, but if anyone's still looking for War Paint, District Lines has it for $10

I know I should separate the music from the person, but it's hard for me to support these guys when they are such turdburglers 

count on an AP moderator to turn the focus from TDS to drama in a thread about TDS. i guess it's a force of habit because every AP thread about TDS turns to drama. only half the original band remains, and aj was never really associated with the misdoings. so unless you want to write "make sure cody doesn't get a cut of the $20 for this record because of shit he did two years ago" in the notes section of your purchase, then suck it up and support.

Forget how TGG sounded, do you not remember War Paint?!?!?! The only truly unlistenable record I have (on coke bottle clear... the black is actually fine).

i'll admit i haven't listened to war paint in a while but i don't remember any glaring sound issues, not like with TGG. i'll spin it when i get home because i'm intrigued by your post.

I hate to be a buzz kill but I don't really hear anything special (or even anything remotely interesting) in "Catholic Girls," save for the drumming. Am I listening to a different song?

It's a The Dangerous Summer song. That's what makes it special. The whole idea of War Paint is that there's just this super consistent dynamic onslaught of drums that just never let up. Each song sounds similar enough to be cohesive. None stands out far and away above the others. I don't know another album whose worst song is as close to its best.

Other than that, Catholic Girls does remind me of the first time I heard Work in Progress stream on AP. Enough to intrigue, enough to feel there's most likely something there. Now that I know how Work in Progress fit into an album, I can tell Catholic Girls will do the same. Haven't listened to a single premiere as much as this song in a looonnng while.

count on an AP moderator to turn the focus from TDS to drama in a thread about TDS. i guess it's a force of habit because every AP thread about TDS turns to drama. only half the original band remains, and aj was never really associated with the misdoings. so unless you want to write "make sure cody doesn't get a cut of the $20 for this record because of shit he did two years ago" in the notes section of your purchase, then suck it up and support.

count on it! I'm also not a huge fan of the music haha

count on it! I'm also not a huge fan of the music haha

Well you know it seemed like you were trying to start drama without giving any evidence at all. So you could call the band a name and not have to call them out on anything so you're name doesn't get dirty in the process. That may have not been your intention at all, but it seemed that way. Not looking start any drama just kind of saying how it looked to me.What about it do you not like? Other than it was written by a bunch of turd burglars.

got some pressing info for all y'all:

300 - gold

1,000 - red/orange

and there are 200 cassettes. you're welcome!

edit: aka for those of you filling up the cart to 1000 and seeing only 175 left, that's probably a legit number.

Awesome! Thanks on the fence about going for the gold. I'd like to see where else will get it (at the same time there's a good chance anywhere else will have red/orange). I'd really like to own the golden record on gold haha

Awesome! Thanks on the fence about going for the gold. I'd like to see where else will get it (at the same time there's a good chance anywhere else will have red/orange). I'd really like to own the golden record on gold haha

red/orange is 1,000 for now, but if hopeless decides to press more, it will likely be more of the red/orange. so it would be safe to consider red/orange the equivalent of an ongoing black variant. given the limited number of gold i think it will end up being exclusive to merchnow.

• 2 weeks later...