PO: Dads - Brush Your Teeth, Again ;)

Guest deleted

Nov. 24th tumblr message:

We posted an update rcently. The plant pressing this record has only 2 presses. One of those presses broke down a while ago. The plant is now operating at half capacity. Our broker is working on getting the plates sent to another plant but had to find a plant whose press could use the same stampers they make. The last update i received a few days ago told me that this project was #3 in line to be pressed. We approved test presses in July. Normally this would mean records would be pressed and shipped in about 3 weeks. We have since started sending other projects to another plant. We still have some projects with the same plant that we haven’t even announced yet because we don’t know when the records will be pressed.

Unless Flannel Gurl does not have the rights to American Radass, I don't think this is possible. 

They don't, Dads own the rights and have been letting Flannel Gurl press it. Whatever deal they made with them only included the first pressing and after that it was pretty much Dads giving the ok for each pressing. This really sucks for Flannel Gurl and it's a shitty move, but sadly there's nothing FG can do about it.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a ton of plants put there, and I'm sure it's been delayed more than once. People selling things that shouldn't be selling things, is all it is.

I kind of agree. However every release this label has put out has had delays but always delivers a quality product. Sure, a little early with the preorders but it was only like 12 bucks. I honestly don't even think about it until this thread is bumped.

There is a ton of plants put there, and I'm sure it's been delayed more than once. People selling things that shouldn't be selling things, is all it is.

More from tumblr:

Here is the current situation with the Dads - BYTA records:

The plant pressing this record only has 2 record presses and a few months ago one of those pressed broke down and has yet to be repaired. The plant has been operating at half capacity for months. No companies in the world make these presses anymore, there is currently a finite number of record presses. There is also only 1 other plant that has a press that can use the stampers made to make this record and they are also backed up. There is nothing more we can do besides wait. We don’t have the records, we aren’t sitting on them not shipping them out. We are just waiting for them. The last update we just from the plant states that the records are scheduled to press on 1/4/14. Once we know that they are actually being pressed that day we will post another update.