Help me makes sure im not crazy for feeling discriminated against.

Wow, this is such bullshit. I don't know if she discriminated against you for being disabled (I want to say yes but you never know, she could just be a fucking bitch) but either way this is fucked up on so many levels. I'm sorry man, you gotta take their asses to court. Best of luck to you, seriously

Uh, there are traffic laws that mandate ticketing vehicles that are in violation of said laws. Obviously the OP was not guilty of anything, but I fail to see how cops leaving tickets on a car is passive-aggressive and not their job.

Oh yeah...ACAB or something.

Whatevs dude. Cops are still often overly-aggressive assholes. I have never met a friendly police officer in my life, that includes married-in family members who are in the profession as well.

Why don't you go help an old-lady with her groceries or save the teen-center by winning a ski competition or something? :D

(That's a joke BTW)

Whatevs dude. Cops are still often overly-aggressive assholes. I have never met a friendly police officer in my life, that includes married-in family members who are in the profession as well.

Why don't you go help an old-lady with her groceries or save the teen-center by winning a ski competition or something? :D

(That's a joke BTW)

honestly, most cops that have been on the job for a while, in austin are pretty cool. its the rookies that are huge cunts.

story: i got pulled over for failing to signal and the cop noticed an empty beer bottle in the back of my car (my idiot friend snuck a road beer the night before) and i was like " I know i probably have to go to jail now, but i still want to say...i assure you that isn't mine and my friends are all idiots." he laughed left the beer on the side of the highway and let me go. i was like  :o

Can't argue with that, though I will admit that I have run into some non-jerk cops...I still prefer avoiding them entirely.

Damn skippy! B)

well, i must say it pays to know people.... i have a commander from police dept. on my side (she goes in to my fiancees work a lot.) she told me to file a complaint against the city and she will be there with my at my court date. she also said that if i were to sue, Austin settles pretty quickly on stuff like this and that i SHOULD do that. but im not sure how i would feel about that. unless they refuse a written and or public apology... in which case, im going to sue. 

well, i must say it pays to know people.... i have a commander from police dept. on my side (she goes in to my fiancees work a lot.) she told me to file a complaint against the city and she will be there with my at my court date. she also said that if i were to sue, Austin settles pretty quickly on stuff like this and that i SHOULD do that. but im not sure how i would feel about that. unless they refuse a written and or public apology... in which case, im going to sue. 

Totally agree with this. She had no right to make you feel like that, regardless of her reasoning/mood. There really is no excuse to blindly dismiss your proof, let alone make you feel lesser than anyone else. 

In my honest opinion you should ask for the charges to be cleared, a written apology, for the employee to be reprimanded and have appropriate action taken against her and(maybe) a small compensation for your troubles. If they refuse then you should full on sue them. But hey that's just me dude.

Desk lady is obviously a despicable excuse for a human being. Once you take care of the fine and get cleared you should make sure she is reprimanded somehow. I would like to see her get fired tbh. If she can't handle dealing with human beings in an appropriate manner, maybe she can handle sweeping floors or being a fry-cook at McDick's.

this thread got me fired up right before bedtime!

great advice here.  contacting the aclu and everyone else is a great start.  before you make any big decisions, think about how you're going to feel about stuff in the longrun.  lawsuit money and local tv publicity can seem like a good way to stick it to the man, but could end up leaving a bad taste in your mouth.  this is also coming from someone who doesn't like unnecessary attention drawn toward him.  push hard, my dude.  people like this lady get paid by taxes, have pensions and benefits.  she needs a stiff dose of humility.

I wish I could add something to the thread that hasn't already been said other than this is incredibly fucked up. For someone is obviously disabled like you are I could only imagine the endless amount of grief caused to those from people like her to people with less obvious disabilities.

For someone who decides to act like she did, she deserves to be spotlighted on local news. Some people just suck.

i know a couple friendly officers.  my next door neighbor invites us over for drinks, tacos, bbq all the time.  another acquaintance went out of his way to meet up with me at a hockey game to sign off on my fix it ticket and i barely knew the guy.  he even turned down the beer i offered to buy him as a thank you.  another told me his day mostly consists of stopping the problems that arise from the tweaked out tranny hoes and johns at beach and ball blvds in anaheim and doesn't really care about the more minor stuff.  they've all been nothing but friendly to me and they all say they know there are cops out there though who LIVE for giving tickets out.  there's a handful of other cops who live in my neighborhood and half of them are the nicest guys who always say hi and the other half are straight up asshole cunty dicks.  one of them's maltese (or some small white dog like that), under no provocation by me, bit me under the buttcheek and he didn't even apologize so i called animal control on him.

on the other hand, if you're mostly talking about walking by officers on duty and they all seem like assholes, one of the nice guys i know said that he does walk around with his guard up at all times so i'm sure his true personality isn't really showing when he's on duty.

isavedlatin, does this lady work at some office similar to the dmv?  i feel like government workers like that are more prone to be cunts because it's a boring, unrewarding, maybe even demoralizing job that even though they should be glad it's still a paying job, eats at the souls of the people that work there and so they wrongfully take it out on the people who come in.

i wish you the best in getting the ticket issue resolved and in working with the ACLU, law, etc on this.  this lady deserves to have someone shit in her cereal.

Can't argue with that, though I will admit that I have run into some non-jerk cops...I still prefer avoiding them entirely.

Odd that this discussion took place today, I got pulled over by a sheriff on my way home from work for making a California-Stop®. He let me go with a warning. Perhaps being covered in dirt and motor oil with a lunch box in the passenger seat and a dead stare in my eyes bought me a little pity. So I met one nice law enforcement officer. Only took me 26 years.

It just blows my mind how some people are so inconsiderate, especially those who work with the public. She doesn't know you, so there is absolutely no reason why she should have acted the way she did. I don't think it's so much as discrimination but more so that she probably thinks she is better than you. That's what I get from it. Chiming in with what other people have said, you should have asked to see a supervisor and if they were busy, the next available person, but I can understand how emotions can get the best of you and you leave without thinking about that. Hopefully everything gets resolved

Odd that this discussion took place today, I got pulled over by a sheriff on my way home from work for making a California-Stop®. He let me go with a warning. Perhaps being covered in dirt and motor oil with a lunch box in the passenger seat and a dead stare in my eyes bought me a little pity. So I met one nice law enforcement officer. Only took me 26 years.

What is a California-Stop®?