Dexter season 8

I have not hated this season as much as evwryone else seems too. It's not the best but it is far from the worst.

I'm with you.  I don't hate it but it definetely lacks something.  Also, last nights episode was just bad.  The previews make the next 2 episodes look like they'll be really good, but we'll see...

I'm starting to question if Dexter was ever really that good or if it was just junk food TV that I failed to recognize.

Last night's episode wasn't that in the scope of the season, but it still wasn't good.  Nothing fucking happened except for the last five minutes.

My thoughts overall are

A : The happy ending for Dexter and Hannah ending seems lazy and is an easy way out.  Why can't they have Dexter get caught or killed?  That's interesting and at this point completely unexpected, but I highly doubt it'll happen.  We're getting the Disney ending on this and when you know that happens, it takes away most of the suspense or surprise.

B : The Vogel story arc that plagues this whole season is asinine and she is obnoxious and unlikeable as a character.  Her presumably dead 'serial killer' son being the villain seems like a soap opera twist, surprised it wasn't her presumable dead evil twin sister.

C : Why on earth would Quinn dump Jaime for Deb?  Jaime is way hotter and 100% less annoying.

D : The fact that Dexter wants to visit Cody and Astor before he takes off his really funny.  Those two got written out of the story as soon as was possible, why even bring up their existence at this point?

E : I'm happy this show is ending now and not being drug out any longer.  There were a couple fun seasons, but the idea has been taken much farther than it really should have.

Also, where does Dexter get the photos for the kill room?  The DMV?

I might be a little hard on this show and I do realize it's only a TV show and I should probably just shut my brain off.  I just feel like the quality has taken such a dramatic plummet since the early seasons that this show isn't going out gracefully (like Breaking Bad or Friday Night Lights), it's a horse that needs to be put down.

I'm starting to question if Dexter was ever really that good or if it was just junk food TV that I failed to recognize.

I might be a little hard on this show and I do realize it's only a TV show and I should probably just shut my brain off.  I just feel like the quality has taken such a dramatic plummet since the early seasons that this show isn't going out gracefully (like Breaking Bad or Friday Night Lights), it's a horse that needs to be put down.

I am asking myself the same question man. Honestly I think most of it is junk food TV with the exception of Season 4 with the Trinity killer. That was an incredible story arc and John Lithgow was just fantastic. I enjoyed seasons 1, 2 and 5 but season 4 was just on a whole other level. 

I am ready for this horse to be put down. It is so sad to see such an interesting show turn into a dud. I just dread watching the next 2 episodes. 

And I have to ask...there are 2 episodes left. what the fuck was the point of showing that Vince's daughter is smoking weed. I thought that scene was really awkward and out of place.