Dexter season 8

Had the choice to watch a new Dexter, Newsroom or Breaking Bad last night.  The lady and I went with Breaking Bad.  It was the correct decision and now I'm dreading how many times I'm going to end up rolling my eyes watching this new Dexter episode.

They told me that the classics never go out of style, but, they do. They do...

If its even possible to be more dissapointed by this show at this point, I'll be even more let down if it does end up that way.

I feel like Dex or Deb have to die

I'd be happy if they both did!

I've also decided the spin off needs to be : Batista moves to Seattle and becomes a radio psychiatrist.

what about zach kills dexter and harrison sees it?  that way they could always cast a different actor to play an older harrison down the road.

I like that theory a lot actually.  I don't know if I'm willing to commit to a spin off, but that's the best idea I've heard.

after the last episode, i'm hoping for a light-hearted Masuka spinoff called "Daughter Boobs"

I would watch that!

...but it would be the same show.

It would be the same, but in terms of Dexter spin off ideas it's probably the best one.  I think a spin off is a terrible idea all around, but that's the most logical direction for one.  I think the show still pulls in really strong ratings, so why fix a 'winning' formula (no matter how crummy of a show it produces)?

It doesn't have to be a spin off. It's just a good idea for an open ending, Harrison in Dexters blood.

I thought of this too, recreating the whole "born in blood" thing that Dexter experienced as a baby. But then I remembered it already happened with Rita, so I think it would be a little repetitive and over the top to have it happen again... but with the originality factor for this season being at an all time low, I wouldn't put it past the writers.