PO: Pearl Jam - Lightning Bolt (Oct 15)

I got this email on Friday for my 10 club one:

We have received your E-Mail and apologize for the inconvenience.  A replacement vinyl will be sent to you early next week.

Thank you for your patience.

UMG Customer Service.

I'm not sure if this means a new jacket, book, stickers, and LP? Or if this just the LP itself... My jacket isn't ripped or anything, but theres a lot of smudges all over it... I guess it isn't a huge problem. But still annoying.

Luckily a shop by me in Columbus OH got 8 copies and picked one up there. Mint condition and sounds great! Strange thing about the retail ones. They are slightly different, the inside sleeve is a paper sleeve, doesn't have cool matte finish the 10 club one has.

They are sending me a new LP (no sleeve). I had glue in my grooves. They released a statement about that last week.

Unless you are talking about a poor cut, they probably won't do shit about that.

So there are both packaging issues and pressing issues? That sucks. I don't think i'll get a chance to listen to my copy for a while, hopefully it's a good one.

I got this email on Friday for my 10 club one:

We have received your E-Mail and apologize for the inconvenience.  A replacement vinyl will be sent to you early next week.

Thank you for your patience.

UMG Customer Service.

I'm not sure if this means a new jacket, book, stickers, and LP? Or if this just the LP itself... My jacket isn't ripped or anything, but theres a lot of smudges all over it... I guess it isn't a huge problem. But still annoying.

Luckily a shop by me in Columbus OH got 8 copies and picked one up there. Mint condition and sounds great! Strange thing about the retail ones. They are slightly different, the inside sleeve is a paper sleeve, doesn't have cool matte finish the 10 club one has.

Where did you buy it in Columbus? I bought two copies locally, both had the same packaging and the inner sleeve was definitely something different than most normal records.

There's so many weird things about this album, I saw a pic on instagram of someone with a yellow bolt on the inner sleeve, and then of course there's the red copies. Has anyone actually confirmed receipt of one of these things? It's a shame all we've been talking about is the problems because otherwise the packaging is great and I really, really dig the album. 

Where did you buy it in Columbus? I bought two copies locally, both had the same packaging and the inner sleeve was definitely something different than most normal records.

There's so many weird things about this album, I saw a pic on instagram of someone with a yellow bolt on the inner sleeve, and then of course there's the red copies. Has anyone actually confirmed receipt of one of these things? It's a shame all we've been talking about is the problems because otherwise the packaging is great and I really, really dig the album. 

I picked it up from RPM (Records Per Minute) on High St.

The yellow lightning bolt is the sleeve but flipped around backwards. The matte finish on the album cover is the same on both copies I have. However, the sleeve that houses the LP itself is made of a different material. The 10Club one has the same matte finish the cover has. However, the one I got from RPM, is a paper type sleeve. Both have identical designs, same white LB on the front, and yellow LB on the back of the sleeve. It's just odd you can totally tell the difference in packaging.

I dont know why my last posts were empty, but....

They wont do a straight up red reissue, they might release the extra reds at some point as they did with the white backspacers.

Also, there is no way a red goes for $60, when the white backspacers dropped (before 10c started selling them) they went for over $1k.  After 10c sold them they dropped to around $200. 

mine came in the other day. not too much in the way of pops and clicks. a couple here and there but nothing to worry about :) What is more concerning is how underwhelming the album is. Given it a number of listens and I'm finding it hard to get over the Sheryl Crow-isms.